Is there a three day payment policy on ebay goods?

I had a message From a seller saying that I am in breach of policy because it has been 3 days since I winning the auction. Is there a policy stating so?
Message 1 of 30
Latest reply
29 REPLIES 29

eBay allows buyers 8 days to pay. A seller can open an 'unpaid item' case after 4 days, then the buyer has another 4 days to pay before the seller can close the case and get their fees refunded.

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

Message 2 of 30
Latest reply

rkwm888
Community Member

maybe the seller doesnt know the policy, might be a newbie

Message 3 of 30
Latest reply

Maybe contact the seller and let them know when it is that you do intend to pay.

It's sort of a given, that you pay sometime reasonably soon after you purchase an item, so as mentioned above, by day 4, the seller can raise a UID against you, which they can close 4 days later and issue you with a non payment strike which will eventuate in you being able to trade with some members on ebay.

FTR, if the seller had a payment term of 3 days or less in their listing, legally, you need to honour that as this is what you agreed to, however it is unlikely the seller will pursue legal channels for this and consequently rely on the ebay resolution process outlibned above.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 4 of 30
Latest reply

please disregard, made an error

Message 5 of 30
Latest reply

I emailed the seller before I even bought the item. I told them in the email the day I intended to pay. She does not have anything on the listing stating payment terms.
Message 6 of 30
Latest reply

Thanks, I emailed her before I even bought the item and then again to tell her the day I would pay. She did t have any payment terms on the listing either! Thanks for your input
Message 7 of 30
Latest reply

So long as you pay on the day you adivsed prior to purchase, all will be well.

The seller is not being unreasonable asking you to pay within 3 days - it may have even been an automatic eBay reminder.

So, as you have adivsed the date of payment, simply pay on that day and the seller will have no cause to open a dispute.

Message 8 of 30
Latest reply

She actually sent me a rude email!
Message 9 of 30
Latest reply

What were your emails to her?

Were they asking her if payment by such a date was ok? or were you telling her when you would pay her?

BTW, how long after listing end were you wanting to pay for the item?

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 10 of 30
Latest reply