Is there an increase in 'did not receive item'?

I have been on eBay for more than 15 years, and all went well until this year.

This year I have 5 did not receive issues, compared to 2 in 15 years.

Can I assume this is an increasing problem? ... or just bad luck?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: Is there an increase in 'did not receive item'?

Hard to say. I've been selling on and off for 15 years and haven't had one. But everything I send gets a tracking number. Are you sending items as letters? I've bought items that have been sent as letter and had them take four weeks to arrive, so I don't think much of AP's letter handling atm.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I have mostly been buying in recent years...

... never had a problem, all arrived within 3 weeks at most, predominantly Chinese suppliers... but the last two months have been a shocker; well, I think having to log 5 'did not receiv item' after 5-6 weeks was not what I was used to... hence, my query, whether it is me, or using the wrong suppliers... yes, one had heaps of negatives (30+%) which I did not realise on order; but they are the exception.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

I've  not had any problems at all receiving my items.

But having said that, I buy mainly from Australian sellers.

I have bought from China but in every case it has taken more than 3 weeks to arrive (which was what i expected to happen).

The only time anything has been slow to arrive has been when things were slow to be posted or were coming from overseas but represented as coming from Australia.

I'm not saying Aust Post is perfect but I think sometimes on ebay they can get blamed when it isn't always their fault. They can be slow but I would say 99.9% of the time, the item will arrive eventually.

If you're buying from China & regularly not receiving items, your problem is in China-either the sellers or their postal system.

Try buying from Australia & see if your luck changes.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

I would agree that 99.9% of the time goods do arrive "eventually".

Our experience has been that delays are caused when AusPost missort the item to the wrong mail distribution centre and in those cases delivery can take up to 3 weeks, and that's for Aus-Aus items.

Buyers will generally open a non-receipt case and get a refund within this 3 week period.  Plus of course the item they purchased, but only a few acknowledge this fact

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

eeglez
Community Member

I am in adelaide and i  too have rarely had a problem with goods bought within australia.  From china, well that is a different story. Bit of hit and miss there.  Lately goods  bought from sydney seem to take ages.... up to 10 working days.  My last purchase did not arrive and i did get a refund.  That does not help with the time wasted waiting and hoping it will arrive.  Bottom line.... i avoid china and sydney sellers where possible.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply