Is there any way to report a seller who cancelled your order

I recently won a bid item that this seller had listed (located in the US), on the listing the seller stated to contact them if I want it to be shipped internationally, I messaged them prior to purchase and they quoted me the postage to my location (Australia). After winning the bid item they took nearly a week to add the shipping costs to the item. They messaged multiple times demanding i pay for the item which was impossible as they had not added the shipping costs and eBay would not allow the purchase to be completed. After letting a few days and quite a few messages to them with screenshot proof that they needed to add shipping before I could pay, they finally added shipping and I thought that the problem was solved and I paid for the item.

Two days later I received a notification that the seller had cancelled the order on the grounds that the item was no longer in stock or damaged. After messaging the seller asking why they cancelled after being screwed around for over a week. They stated that they didn't know that it was being shipped internationally, despite multiple emails to them regarding international shipping and their agreement to send it internationally. It feels like this person had no intention of sending this item, but as they cancelled the order I cant seem to find a way to report them for dodgy practices or leave negative feedback. Is there anything I can do regarding this issue or does the seller get off scott free only to probably do the same to someone else.

Thank you for any assistance in this matter.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

imastawka
Honored Contributor

As long as the seller has refunded you in full, there's not much you can do.

You can leave feedback - go to your purchase history, there's a row of buttons along the top, select - Returns & cancelled

Purchases
Search your ordersSearch
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

As already said, you *can* leave feedback, and the seller should get a defect on his account too for cancelling because the item was "out of stock".

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

I forgot about that bit.

Yes the seller will get a defect on their account for cancelling that way.

They should have used 'problem with buyer's address' to avoid that defect.

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks for your reply, unless i am missing something, it appears that you cannot leave negative feedback on cancelled ordersScreen Shot 2023-04-11 at 3.59.43 pm.png

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

She means this (4th tab):

Screenshot 2023-04-11 162426.png

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Yes, the 4th tab - Returns and cancelled - it should come up there.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

That was under the 4th tab Screen Shot 2023-04-11 at 5.10.08 pm.png

As shown below 

Screen Shot 2023-04-11 at 5.10.38 pm.png

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

No, the seller hasn't got off scott free. As mentioned, the reason they used to cancel will give them a defect on their account. If they get too many of those, ebay will shut them down permanently. 

As for feedback, I could be wrong, but I don't think you can leave feedback for cancelled orders anymore. 

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Well, a black window like that is not what it should look like for sure.

Maybe you can try another browser, or you can try the usual trick of clearing cache and cookies.

It is interesting you have the American spelling for "cancelled". I have the British/Aussie spelling. Are you using the eBay app? Maybe you can also try a laptop or desktop.

I have no cancelled orders at the moment, but maybe somebody else who has can share what that page looks like for them.

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply