Issues with Checkout: Unable to amagamate items from the one seller under one invoice.

I just bought some CDs from the one seller, it was not possible to amalgamate the purchases under one invoice, so I had to pay for them individually, along with the associated inccrease in freight costs despite the seller offering a multiple purchase discount.  Any ideas what's going on?

Amusingly, I also received a survey about the "New Checkout" after my first purchase.  This is what I wrote.  Hopefully someone will get a laugh...

"Very poor effort.  Checkout refuses to amalgamate multiple sales from the one seller.  Instead, it sends separate invoices for each sale.  With all the money you are making, like cheating on paying GST in Australia because you are registered overseas yet ask Australian sellers to make the sales GST inclusive (So they pay commission on the whole lot) you have absolutely no excuse for getting this basic IT situation correct.  There was nothing wrong with the old checkout system..........was there?" 

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Issues with Checkout: Unable to amagamate items from the one seller under one invoice.

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You should have messaged the seller to combine purchases if they

offered multiple purchase discounts. And then waited for an invoice.

The seller may, or may not refund the extra.

The survey you filled out was for ebay - not the seller

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Re: Issues with Checkout: Unable to amagamate items from the one seller under one invoice.

It depends how the seller has set up combined purchases.  I have automated rules that will allow buyers to puyrchase multiple items and only have one invoice with postage discounts applied automatically.  If the seller doesn't set up in this way, just wait for the seller to send a combined invoice.  A good seller will refund you the additional postage you have paid.

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Less the separate lots of 30c that Paypal charge for individual transactions.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

additional 30c?? Not sure what you are referring to.  I get charged a listing fee and FVF, none of which alters if paid via separate invoice or combined invoice (or am I mising something)

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

If you are paid by paypal you pay 30cents +% on each payment so if there are 4 invoices you pay 4 x 30c + %.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

sorry - paypal fee on total postage. Good point

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply