It's now becoming the done thing?

go-tazz
Community Member

There are now over 60 scam listings in this category:

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Pocket-Bikes-/102579/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=

So it looks like they believe it's working for them.

I've reported it to Trust & Safety through Live Help.

So we might get a few more that PP wont refund.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I fear you are right Tazz.

There have already been two posters on the boards complaining about paypal not covering refunds because the items have been listed in the wrong category.

So far the advice being given has worked....if the victim rings paypal and explains that it was not a vehicle paypal has come to the party and opened a dispute.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I fear you are right Tazz.

There have already been two posters on the boards complaining about paypal not covering refunds because the items have been listed in the wrong category.

So far the advice being given has worked....if the victim rings paypal and explains that it was not a vehicle paypal has come to the party and opened a dispute.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Hopefully that continues but there are plenty of members out there that don't know about the boards or how to

get that refund,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Agreed, Tazz, but there is not much that we can do about that unfortunately.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Yep.

Giving PayPal a friendly call will get your money back. These listings are all over the place! I was gullible enough to fall for one and I nearly payed the price.

It's been 5 days since I was affected by one of these scammers, and he still hasn't said a word. Looks PayPal is going to charge the money he scammed off me and send it back to my card!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@send_me_it wrote:

Yep.

It's been 5 days since I was affected by one of these scammers, and he still hasn't said a word.

Hopefully they wont,(just be careful of any Emails you may receive as these scammers will send phishing Emails

to try and get your passwords so they can hack your account).

It's one of their "benefits" when they have been in a transaction with a buyer,(they get their details).

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply