Item Location Missing

Item Location is no longer on search results page why cant ebay put an option on the customize view I have to waste a lot of time to see where the item is located if its local for pickup or interstate

Message 1 of 43
Latest reply
42 REPLIES 42

Re: Item Location Missing

On my search results, there is no item location indicated if the location is Australia, but on OS listings, underneath the title is From Hong Kong (or China, US etc). 

I've noticed the same thing. Once you get used to it, it's an easy way of knowing who's in Aus.

Message 11 of 43
Latest reply

I want to know a bit more than just aus sellers & o/s sellers. The listings used to have specific locations, like Gold Coast, Sydney etc under the pictures. What about peopel looking for local pick up items.

Message 12 of 43
Latest reply

What about peopel looking for local pick up items.

For that, you need to refine searches by distance. Click Choose More under location, and set the appropriate distance (eg within 25km of your postcode). 

Not quite as good, as it excludes all listings for items located further than that distance, but still fine if looking exclusively for pick-up items and at least you know all the items shown in the results are within a distance you're prepared to travel.

Message 13 of 43
Latest reply

Is Ebay going to fix this problem

Message 14 of 43
Latest reply

mark461bird
Community Member

Hi UI have been fight this for months . some days I have it others I havent . I had it for about 3 days now its gone again . I wish Ebay would fix this and leave the site alone . I am like you and have to waste lots of time looking at things now that dont have there location and distance only to find they are miles away . The only way to see where they are is to type in nearest first but then it tells you the ks away but you cant have newest listed and nearest first in the one search. JUST leave it alone Ebay its very confusing even when you try and tell them on live chat . PLEASE someone help us.  

Message 15 of 43
Latest reply

You may have to call eBay again, no one here can give any more help than they have done already. Mine is fine perhaps it is a problem with pc?? clear cach and cookes, use firefox as browser??

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 16 of 43
Latest reply

New layout but still no location tag on search pages always screwing around with whats not broken

Message 17 of 43
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

Or scroll down and click on More refinements...,then Item Location.

Message 18 of 43
Latest reply

Item locations is not appearing for me

Means I have to go through the rigmarole of asking seller for item location

Sellers seem to be very sharp these days, don't they ?  No 'hi' or preliminaries.  No 'bye'

Maybe sellers are under the impression their item's locations is visible.  Can just imagine them whining about 'blind' tyre-kickers wasting their time

Ebay becomes less pleasant with each passing day

Message 19 of 43
Latest reply

turkeyshoot
Community Member

I agree, Item location saves a lot of time searching !.

How about a warning in the future before too many things change !

Message 20 of 43
Latest reply