Item delivery issues.

Hi all, after paying a seller their requested postage fee for an item, being $53.95, I now learn that their courier doesn't deliver to our area and I must travel a 180kl round trip to their depot to collect it. I advised of my address and postcode when I requested the item total, which is normal practice. The item is only 10kg and a small carton, 40 x30,15cm.  From Vic to NSW central west area. Most couriers on forward parcels of this weight to Aust Post, who do deliver out here, no problems.  The seller claims that I should have done HIS homework for him and advised of delivery issues to my area. Why should I after coughing up what was an over the top postage fee in the first place, but I thought that the high charge was because of our remote location. He knew our location and he should have checked with his courier to confirm delivery to our area, or use someone else. Aust post would have saved him and me several dollars on the freight, either that, or he is pocketing big time with his courier fee.Large, heavy items we do have to collect them from a depot, I understand that, and I usually factor that in when buying, but after paying his requested postage fee, then being told tough luck, buyer fault, not happy. Told the seller if he cannot get the item to my area as charged and paid for, keep things simple and just recall the item from the courier and refund me. Still haven't heard back.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Item delivery issues.

without knowing the postcodes but using 2800 and 3000 total  postage is

Your Item
Size: 40 x 30 x 15cm
Weight: 10kg
$28.30

and without knowing the actual terms of postage

I would say that the seller is in the wrong - should send it by Aust Post - much cheaper than $53.95
Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

Item delivery issues.

@audistarelectronics wrote:

Still haven't heard back.

If he won't reply, or the parcel doesn't get delivered to you then open an INR through Paypal - that'll get his attention. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

Item delivery issues.

Thanks for the support everyone. One thing I dislike is being ignored, so I handed it over to Paypal to sort out. The seller did have a feedback score of a couple of hundred, all positive until now. 98% doesn't look as good with a fairly low count for a seller. I did notice on their feedback score that most of the sales were only for items worth a couple of dollars, with only a small number in the several hundred dollar range. Paypal replied straight away with the tracking details, which mean nothing as I already had those, and with my item still outstanding, prove ziltch. It may show that the item was sent, onforwarded to a different carrier, then stops, that was on 13th of this month. Then nothing. If I was this seller, I would have been hunting the item through his carrier the moment they had communication from me that the item hadn't arrived, instead of telling me to virtually suck eggs and go chase it myself. The sender has more of a chance to do the tracking than the buyer, and I think they have just learned an expensive lesson on that one. By the way, Aust Post would have been less than half the cost I paid, and it would have been delivered in less than a week, going on past history, saving all the hassles...........and that feedback score.

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

Item delivery issues.

I'd be furious too. If a seller quotes a postage price or a courier price, then the type of delivery should be spelled out if it isn't to your door. And ignoring someone isn't on.

What was the outcome? Has paypal refunded you?

That to me is the main consideration. Giving neg feedback is well and good but getting your money back is first priority.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

Item delivery issues.

Paypal not as yet, only lodged the complaint 1 day ago. They will have to check things out I guess, if the seller ignores their questions as they have done with me, it should be a quick process.....I hope. $350 reasons to hope.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Item delivery issues.

Interesting when you read the Q & A's for that item that even people in Qld have been quoted less than $50 for delivery. I'd say he's been slowly bumping his prices up because another NSW address was $31.86 including GST and insurance, back in November. Then in December someone from Qld was quoted $38.59 including GST and insurance. Then the same day, someone in the same state was quoted $41.61. Then not long after you are charged $53.95. I don't think they know how much it's going to cost, they're just plucking figures from thin air.

I think that even despite their feedback there have been a few unhappy customers when you look at their DSR's. 4.6 for postage costs says a lot, as 4.7 for both postage time and communication.

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

Item delivery issues.

You are spot on. And good detective work too.:Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

Item delivery issues.

It's just a shame that item has ended or I'd send a message asking for a postage cost.....given I'm not that far from you. It would be interesting to see if there was any difference.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

Item delivery issues.

Yes, that would have been good to check.  By the way, what will be likely to happen if Paypal check the tracking and find that it has been sent, yes, but still in limbo out there somewhere. Would they say, sorry, the seller sent it, that's proof enough, even though I haven't taken delivery of it, would I be left without the item or my money? Or is the seller at fault because they were given the address details and quoted a delivery fee that was never honored?

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply