Item got lost during transition to Global Shipping Center

I'm buyer from Australia, recently purchased an item from UK seller, who sent the parcel from France to UK Global Shipping Center while she was on holiday in France. 

According to the tracking number she provided, item has been delivered to GSP, Pitney Bowes warehouse on 24th Apr 2019. 
However within 5 days, GSP/Pitney Bowes did not take any actions. So sent an email to Pitney Bowes's GSP support, they claimed they haven't received it in their wearhouse. It has been a week since the delivery so I'm 100 percent the packgage got lost. But this kind of International parcel normally required signature, successful delivery meant someone must have signed and accepted the package.
Neither me nor seller is at fault, I feel very little chance getting my money back from eBay.
Does anyone here share the same experience?
Message 1 of 155
Latest reply
154 REPLIES 154

Re: Item got lost during transition to Global Shipping Center

I know she is innocent only wanted to check if she forgot to write gsp's order reference on package.
Message 101 of 155
Latest reply

I think I'm going to go and rip my finger and toenails off. It would be far less painful.

Message 102 of 155
Latest reply

If she forgot to do it, do you think she's remember that she forgot?
Message 103 of 155
Latest reply

@jumpman23_cs, I think you have established that the seller didn't forget to include the order reference on the package.

I hope you won't allow yourself to be upset all over again, as I think that you ended up deciding to take a little time before any further actions...?

The power truly is with you; you don't need to worry that you won't get a refund if something has gone or does go wrong. Because of that, you can afford to be patient.

Spoiler

Of course, keep an eye on the timeframe for opening a dispute if it does become necessary... but there's truly no need to panic or fire off repeated enquiries at this stage. Even if it's not necessary, here is a little emoticon with its fingers crossed just for you: Fingers crossed (for good luck or for warding off evil)

Message 104 of 155
Latest reply

Jumpman23 wrote - Thanks for your explanation.
I have already reported to eBay, they will step in this weekend.

Seems the patience didn't work for long.

Message 105 of 155
Latest reply

Related image

Message 106 of 155
Latest reply

Smiley LOLSmiley LOLSmiley LOL

Message 107 of 155
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Yes.  Waiting patiently was all you should have done.

You managed to get people offside on this thread.

Maybe you did the same to PB staff.      Who knows?

jumpman23_cs, is OK imastawka! Nothing wrong with what they're saying. Just an ebayer who is concerned about an item that should be on its way but things haven't gone to plan. People have a right to be vocal about things like this.

That's what this forum is for!

Message 108 of 155
Latest reply

"We’re sorry you had a problem with your purchase. Unfortunately your item was damaged en route to you and was sent back to the seller. We’re issuing you a refund for this case."
This was the comment from my case review.
Finally case was closed and got my refund instantly.
Thanks guys.
Message 109 of 155
Latest reply

@jumpman23_cs wrote:
"We’re sorry you had a problem with your purchase. Unfortunately your item was damaged en route to you and was sent back to the seller. We’re issuing you a refund for this case."
This was the comment from my case review.
Finally case was closed and got my refund instantly.
Thanks guys.

I'm glad you finally got a refund jumpman23, but what an ordeal you had to go through to finally get your refund from a transaction using this inferior service.

Lyndal confirms this below on the below thread. I certainly agree with her on the first part anyway.

Below Below
 Re: l'm not happy with the ebay choice of carrier
@lyndal1838 wrote:

The choice of carrier is entirely up to the seller.....not ebay.

I assume your seller in the USA is using the GSP.   Nobody could ever say it is a cheap and quick delivery service....it is quite the opposite in fact. 

However, it does give the seller very good protection against bad feedback, full insurance and tracking.  Without these, many sellers will not send overseas.

If you don't like the service don't use it.   Find a seller who uses other delivery services.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/l-m-not-happy-with-the-ebay-choice-of-carrier/m-p/2237441#M1...

Yes, best to avoid Pitney Bowes and GSP.

The problem is that the seller that dealt with you last lost out as well. The feeling of customer saticfaction. Hopefully your seller will realise this and join the many sellers who have ditched GSP and gone back to trusted USPS and making $$$$s again.

Message 110 of 155
Latest reply