Item got "delivered" at seller's own Post Office

Hello. One of my items that I purchased got marked as "delivered" as soon as seller visited the local post office.  Tracking shows a single line which is "Delivered at XXXXX Lpo". I was checking on this item last night, seller hadn't visited the post office then, tracking was "Pending". This Post Office located at the next suburb as seller, so I assume the Post Office scanned it wrong.

Should I submit another inquiry via AusPost's website or is there anything else to keep in mind? Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ask the seller to confirm. I have had PO staff mark items as sent instead of lodged, and they still get to the buyer. In fact, tracking shows the journey post-"delivery"

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Ask the seller to confirm. I have had PO staff mark items as sent instead of lodged, and they still get to the buyer. In fact, tracking shows the journey post-"delivery"

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Thank you. I asked the seller, what you described is exactly what happened. The item is now "Received By AusPost" since this morning, after it was "Delivered" yesterday afternoon.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

As a seller, I have this occur from time to time,it usually occurs when my PO agent uses the portable scanner, with the  received and delivered buttons being side by side.  If the incorrect button is originally selected then it seems there is no way to override the item showing as delivered, which results in no further scans showing until the item is finally delivered, at which time the delivered status is corrected to show correct delivery details.

So it pretty  much just becomes a waiting game.

Note: if the original scan is correct, received, and then is falsely scanned as delivered, the tracking will correctly update enroute with subsequent scans.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply