Item location , what a joke and still they do Nothing.

So ,

I go looking for a grill for a friend and searched for a  new grille Toyota corolla 2009  , Advanced search , Located in Australia only and this seller came up , 3 listings , checked out feedback etc , Hmm, negs etc for not in Australia , had a closer look , over 40,000 , yes Fourty Thousand listings   on eBay Australia with the location in NSW , seller is in the USA with everything sent from there. X-(     

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Re: Item location , what a joke and still they do Nothing.

"Buyer experience" is the key catch phrase ... just having a little bit of difficulty in coming to grips with how "local pickup" on the Australian site works with a Chinese located item.

Maybe they are going to give you a free return  airfare so you can pick it up?

Mind you it will probably be "flying pig" class.

eBay really needs to start cracking down on this sort of thing - and the key isn't sellers complaining but buyers ... maybe a law firm needs to get involved on this ...there surely must be a litigiously inclined lawyer who reads these posts occasionally!!!

Message 11 of 17
Latest reply

I've put up a new post with a workaround for location searching.

It's in the buying forum:

http://community.ebay.com.au/topic/Buying/Eliminate-Foreign-Sellers/600159046

It's a bit clunky but it does work.

Message 12 of 17
Latest reply

China owns a percentage of ebay now, don't like your chances of having anything chinese moved to the last page of the listing or being forced to be transparent about ORIGINS of article !!!

China is dictating to ebay, not vica versa !!!

Message 13 of 17
Latest reply

Yep, I have no problems with people drop shipping if they are truthful but I'm sick of waiting 30 days for small items listed as location Sydney to get to Brisbane and then arriving with O/S stickers, it's unfair to local sellers who keep stock and lying to the customer. Only Neutral or negative feedback from me for them.

Message 14 of 17
Latest reply

Yep, I have no problems with people drop shipping if they are truthful but I'm sick of waiting 30 days for small items listed as location Sydney to get to Brisbane and then arriving with O/S stickers,

Do not wait, open INR dispute after 7 - 10 days and report them for "location misrepresentation"

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 15 of 17
Latest reply

I wouldn't mind the amount of overseas sellers if they didn't show up on the first pages whenever I search for something. And I'd be willing to bet that many ebay buyers don't even bother with the search filters or can't be bothered changing their search options every time they search for an item. It's very frustrating. I miss searching for things on ebay and seeing all the diversity amongst Australian sellers, from brand new items to second-hand stuff. Now the first things that pop up are crappily made Chinese junk and it all looks the same. I wouldn't be surprised if it was all made in the same warehouse. I thought this was meant to be Ebay Australia. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 16 of 17
Latest reply

ChinaBay ;\

Message 17 of 17
Latest reply