Item locaton is Australia but when I go to pay it's US

Recently won an item.  Seller is in Australia.   In my summary it has the Australian amount but when I go to pay through Paypal

it converts a US amount to Australian dollars and it is approx $15.00 more due to the Paypal conversation rate.

I'm have contacted Ebay who advised that it's due to the seller located in US. Sent Ebay back the description where the seller is located in Australia.,  I'm not going to pay extra for that privledge. 

tip toe through the tulips
Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Are you sure it's not because you might have some US$'s as credit in PayPal?

Or maybe it's an Australian seller listing on the US site.

But then you should have both US and Aus prices showing in summary.

image host
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

The seller is in Australia and the listing was on Ebay USA.  In my summary it has it in Australian Dollars only.

tip toe through the tulips
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

If the listing was on ebay.com then the seller has to be paid in US$ no matter where he/she is located.

Payent is always made in the currency of the listing site.

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Good way for some scrupulous Australian sellers to make that little extra profit off their fellow countrymen with the lower exchange rates.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

How is that?

Scrupulous sellers wouldn't do it, and unless you are going to use the $US the fees on currency conversion would eat up any supposed profit. Which there wouldn't be as the funds are converted at the prevailing exchange rate, not one-for-one.

I'm sure if they could predict exchange rate variations that well they would be Forex traders, anyway.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

I've noticed many alleged seller locations are not where they purport to be.  It's more than common with Asian sellers who list their items as being located in Australia, or Sydney or Melbourne etc, but when they arrive they've been sent from China or Korea or whatever.  It's a practise that should be prohibited by eBay.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

@onecooljazzdog wrote:

Good way for some scrupulous Australian sellers to make that little extra profit off their fellow countrymen with the lower exchange rates.

To use Pauline Hanson's phrase.......Please explain?

How is anyone making extra profit?

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply