Item marked as Sent

Hi there. I just bought an item from a seller who had a two day timeframe on her listing in which to post and its already marked as sent. Now I know the post office isnt open today. Its got a tracking number which I assume is from the pre-paid sachel? I guess its been done so she doesnt get a defect. Anyway Im asking about this because I sold two things yesterday & I dont mark them as sent until I actually send them which will be tomorrow. Any answers appreciated.
Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Item marked as Sent

I have too! I was wondering how they did it. I just go to the post office as I cant get my head around online postage. Thanks for explaining.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Item marked as Sent

Maybe she is one of those lucky people with an AP post box on her street? 

I sure wish there was one close to me.  Sigh.

Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

They could have sent it.

Popped in a prepaid satchel and straight into a red box.

image host
Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

Maybe she has a two day handling frame because of ebay's nonsense 'estimated delivery dates'

As mentioned, she could have used a prepaid satchel and put it in a red mail box

I have a 3 day handling time and there is a red mail box literally over the road from my house

Not sure what grounds you have to think the seller is dishonest, unless the feedback she already has gives you reason to think so?

Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

No I dont think she's being dishonest. On the contrary, she sent me a lovely message saying she would post tomorrow and also gave nice feedback. I was just wondering about it.
Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

If the seller has used online postage the item is marked as Sent as soon as the label is processed.

I have had items marked as Sent at 2am in the morning.

Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

I have too! I was wondering how they did it. I just go to the post office as I cant get my head around online postage. Thanks for explaining.
Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

If I have an early start I generate my eBay labels the evening before. They are immediately marked as sent, but the tracking will not show as received by AP.

eBay label tracking numbers start with 'EBA' so it's easy enough to check.

eBay labels are generally 10% cheaper than the equivalent single prepaid satchel, and it's fairly easy to setup to use them.

Message 8 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

Online Postage accounts, operate  24/7.  Just because it has been processed, which automatically marks ebay items as posted,

does not mean the item has physically been lodged with AP  as yet

Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

Also items are marked as posted as soon as you print an ebay label. Doesnt mean its in the box but as far as ebay is concerned once the money is in their bank from the purchase of the label - its posted ! 

Message 10 of 40
Latest reply