Item marked as Sent

Hi there. I just bought an item from a seller who had a two day timeframe on her listing in which to post and its already marked as sent. Now I know the post office isnt open today. Its got a tracking number which I assume is from the pre-paid sachel? I guess its been done so she doesnt get a defect. Anyway Im asking about this because I sold two things yesterday & I dont mark them as sent until I actually send them which will be tomorrow. Any answers appreciated.
Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Item marked as Sent

@cyberdolls wrote:

Put โ€˜sentโ€™ when itโ€™s not = 1 Star for slow posting from now on, no excuse for actual posting time to be any longer than a couple of days or over the weekend.  

Didnโ€™t used to happen for past 20 yrs, this year it has, so not going to accept waiting so long now.    

eg. of normal time.....Parcel arrived today Syd-Brisb four days after purchase date. He marked sent, posted next day, all good.  I knew when to be here to collect.  Ok, Iโ€™m done with this topic. ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป

I put my thinking cap on and after careful examination of the problem was able to determine the issue here; you're simply an unreasonable human being.

My list, it grows.

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 31 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

Hope you post close to marking sent........... be sure to add me to your โ€˜listโ€™. 

As previously stated, youโ€™re entitled to your own opinion, as am I.  Cheers  ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿป

Message 32 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

Flat earthers likewise believe they're entitled to their "opinion".

Message 33 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

@cyberdolls wrote:

Obviosly you are a seller, trying to convince me (and others), I am making all this up, because I gonโ€™t have anything better to do.  Whatever!  My complaint is legit, and itโ€™s happened way, too often in the past couple of months, there ARE sellers waiting days before posting!  Most arenโ€™t โ€˜smallโ€™ time sellers, they have 1000โ€™s of feedback. They could post on time but they donโ€™t!, Ebay gave them a loophole and they are exploiting it, guess their reason all you like, it doesnโ€™t change my experience one iota. Smiley Mad

I'm a buyer too and I agree with you that long waits for things to be posted is annoying.

I think that expectations by buyers are higher these days, or should I say, we can do something about it.

Back in the early ebay days, I found over and over again, that it was Russian roulette when things would get posted. It was nothing for some of those home sellers to take a week or longer to post. A number of times I had to message sellers after a week and ask politely when my things had been posted so I would know when to look out for them. And invariably the answer was "oh in a couple of days I will be posting."

It made my blood boil a bit, to be honest. But of course back then, there wasn't a thing you could do, you were at the seller's mercy.

It wasn't every seller, just some.

I've noticed a big improvement since then. The estimated dates in ads now has really made a lot of sellers pull up their socks. 

But I do get a bit annoyed if i buy something and it isn't listed as posted for several days. Some sellers don't bother to do that.  

I have a little internal policy that goes like this. I buy mainly Australian and I pay attention to the delivery date estimate.

If I can see an item has been posted off in a reasonable time (by which i mean within about 3 days), then if it is a day or so late, then that doesn't affect my feedback, I would still give top stars to a seller. But if an item's postage were to be delayed longer and then arrived late, I would ding the stars because in my opinion, it would then be the seller's fault it was late, not Aust Post's.

I do believe consumers expect efficient service. It's what they are generally getting from other online buying sites these days. Usually you get an email notification within 48 hours that your things are on their way.

Message 34 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

@springyzone wrote:

If I can see an item has been posted off in a reasonable time (by which i mean within about 3 days), then if it is a day or so late, then that doesn't affect my feedback, I would still give top stars to a seller. But if an item's postage were to be delayed longer and then arrived late, I would ding the stars because in my opinion, it would then be the seller's fault it was late, not Aust Post's.

I don't recognise this concept of "posted off in a reasonable time" - it's either posted off within the seller's handling time, or it isn't.  It's not for the buyer to decide whether they think that handling time is reasonable or not - if you purchase from a seller, you are accepting that handling time - it's as simple as that.

Dinging a seller because you're unhappy with their specified handling time (which is what another member here was arguing for) is simply retarded, as is holding a seller responsible for an Aus. Post delay.

If a seller posts an item within the time promised in the lsting, they've done their job.

Message 35 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

I have a 5 day handling time, so lucky you don't buy from me, because sometimes, due to the nature of my job, I use all 5 days before posting. Clearly that is not acceptable to you, and the OP. Mostly I get stuff out the next day, but I decided 5 days suited me because sometimes I need it. I did have someone neg me and dinged my stars for postage and eBay removed it in a heartbeat because it was posted within my handling time. I posted it on day 4. 

For some of us, you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't. I have had buyers buy on the Friday night of a long weekend. I decided to print the labels, package the items, and post on the Tuesday. Everyone was happy, their items arrived before the first estimate.

The last long weekend, a buyer bought at 8.30 on the Friday night, then I got a message at 9pm asking me when I was going to post their item. I pointed out that it was a long weekend so the earliest I could post was Tuesday. I then got another message on Saturday morning, and another on Sunday afternoon. When was I posting? I replied stating that as per the message on Friday night, I would post on Tuesday. I then got accused of being rude! Monday morning I got another message, so I printed the damned label to shut them up! It had been marked as posted. YAY! Thank you eBay!

Apparently they hound all sellers like that and I pointed out that it wasn't the sellers being rude. Most sellers post within their handling time, so there was no need to hound them with messages. That buyer will never buy from me again. I don't need headaches like that. The OP won't ever buy from me either. I don't need difficult buyers trying to dictate to me what I should and shouldn't be doing, and accusing me of things I have no control over.

I thought you'd been around long enough Springy to know how things work, but it seems that you are just another difficult buyer these days. 

Message 36 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

Yup, long weekends are a pain for that sort of thing. Tomorrow is a public holiday here in SA, and with the 2 day handling time I currently specify, Tuesday is both the earliest and latest that I can post the couple of items I've sold this weekend.

As a precaution, and to manage expectations, I've messaged my buyers to make them aware, and one of them has even replied saying they wished all the sellers they dealt with were as communicative as me, so that was nice!

Message 37 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

Yes, state specific long weekends can be an issue for interstate buyers. I didn't know it was a long weekend in SA! I'm in NSW. If that kind of thing occurs here, like you, I always send the buyer a message saying it's a public holiday in NSW, so I'll post the next day. I know that holidays, like Easter and Christmas don'f count as far as handing time goes, but I expect that state only public holidays may not be recognised and are treated as a normal business day in eBay land.

Message 38 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

I was wrong! Just noticed eBay is giving me until Wednesday to post my items - they've taken the public holiday into account! I'm amazed!

Message 39 of 40
Latest reply

Item marked as Sent

Same here. All mine for the weekend are showing post by Thursday. Which doesn't mean needy buyers don't need reinforcement, especially for large letters already marked as sent.

Message 40 of 40
Latest reply