Item marked as "delivered" but it never arrived.

I bought some old second hand cables / wire (not many should fit in a small satchel). Today when I was at home AusPost tracking turned into "delivered", but I didn't see a delivery guy or postman around at that time. 

I checked my letter box and walked around the house. Can't find it.

I looked up on the internet, some said file a eBay case now, some say contact AusPost they will tell me where it actually sent.

What should I do now? Tracking indicates it did enter my suburb today.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Item marked as "delivered" but it never arrived.

will be a false tracking number same as i got my items never turned up but it come up it did which is bs seller took my money but never sent item BEWARE Ebay is full of scammers

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

@birch180 wrote:

will be a false tracking number same as i got my items never turned up but it come up it did which is bs seller took my money but never sent item BEWARE Ebay is full of scammers

oh for goodness sake! 
First it’s dodgy sellers having feedback removed….

Scammers got you, but you got a refund…..

now it’s false tracking numbers and not getting your items! 

You’ve got  535 feedback score, so you are not a new recruit here! Haven’t you worked out how to shop safely on eBay yet???? 
Seriously man, you need to start taking some responsibility here. 😐

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

@janeababe wrote:

@birch180 wrote:

You’ve got  535 feedback score, so you are not a new recruit here! Haven’t you worked out how to shop safely on eBay yet???? 
Seriously man, you need to start taking some responsibility here. 😐

Take a look at previous posts from this user,  they seem to attract problems,  obviously slow learners.

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

@jellybirddesigns wrote:

@padi - thanks for the clarification. I know that when I've been in line at the PO and I've heard other people discussing issues with the counter staff, they are directed back to Aus Post. I agree that filling out the form does not get your issue resolved in a timely manner at all which is why a couple of years ago I stopped bothering with counter staff and forms and now communicate directly with AP through FB message. I've had several matters resolved by the friendly agents on FB, but if your PO is able to help, that's also a win!

I did the Facebook msg chat with AusPost. It does seem to be a faster channel, the agent said will investigate and if it was sent to the wrong address they will try to retrieve it. They will get in touch with me within 5 days, which is much shorter than the 15 days time period promised by the online "lost item" form. Thank you.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

It shouldn't take that long. It is not really lost. They just have to ask the driver if he or she remembers where the item was delivered, or if it was left in a safe place where in a safe place. With really lost items it usually takes longer because they have to ask at every post office on the way to the destination, and it can take them a few days to physically look for items, particularly in places like Chullora in NSW for example, but in your case the driver just has to remember or share photos. Anyway, I hope you will know what happened soon!

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

@papermoon.lady wrote:

It shouldn't take that long. It is not really lost. They just have to ask the driver if he or she remembers where the item was delivered, or if it was left in a safe place where in a safe place. With really lost items it usually takes longer because they have to ask at every post office on the way to the destination, and it can take them a few days to physically look for items, particularly in places like Chullora in NSW for example, but in your case the driver just has to remember or share photos. Anyway, I hope you will know what happened soon!

Postman came today and gave me the parcel. It was sent to the wrong street by AusPost. Seller entered the correct address. Our streets have similar names.

The same mistake happened a few times in the past. Once it happened the other way round, a girl came to my house looking for the dude living in the other street. We then got know each other after that.  Usually he would call me and ask me to go to his house and pick up my parcel wrongly sent to his house and I would do the same. Not sure why he didn't this time, maybe he sold his house.

So all good now. Thanks to everyone for replying.

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

So to answer your original question - ''What should I do now? ''

Instead of jumping on the forum,  my first step knowing there is an issue with Australia post and similiar address.   My first step would be to run around to that house and see if they had your parcel.  Simple really,  would have saved you a lot of worry, and issues lodging queries.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

@sugar249 wrote:

Instead of jumping on the forum,  my first step knowing there is an issue with Australia post and similiar address.   My first step would be to run around to that house and see if they had your parcel.  Simple really,  would have saved you a lot of worry, and issues lodging queries.

But hey from your past history,  me thinks you like the drama.

We had an agreement that he would call me if my parcel ends up in his house. And it didn't happen this time, so I thought seller entered the wrong address and the parcel was lost.

Plus it's 10 minutes drive. I'd rather have everything done online and get it delivered by Mr Postman. What, me jumping forum bothers you?

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

@huatao1975 wrote:

@sugar249 wrote:

We had an agreement that he would call me if my parcel ends up in his house. And it didn't happen this time, so I thought seller entered the wrong address and the parcel was lost.

Plus it's 10 minutes drive. I'd rather have everything done online and get it delivered by Mr Postman. What, me jumping forum bothers you?

@huatao1975 wrote:

@sugar249 wrote:

I would be grabbing their phone number and just drop them a text or quick call.

I agree Australia Post should do the right thing,  but knowing they don't,  I would be taking the quicker approach.  Not as if anyone here could help you anyhow.

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

I agree Australia Post should do the right thing,  but knowing they don't,  I would be taking the quicker approach.  Not as if anyone here could help you anyhow.

"Not as if anyone here could help you anyhow." are you serious ?

I got to know 2 things which I didn't.

1. Don't raise eBay case as suggested by some people, contact AusPost first. Thank to papermoon.lady

2. Use AusPost FB chat, as suggested by jellybirddesigns

I did as they suggested and the parcel landed in my hand in 24 hours.

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply