Item marked as sent but there's no tracking number

I bought a model car on 17/11 (Item 314958984082) and the seller has marked it as 'sent' but there's no tracking number. Ebay says it's supposed to be delivered today (22/11) but I haven't received it yet and we usually get mail in the mornings. I guess I'll have to wait till the end of the day or tomorrow. It says the parcel has been sent by Australia Post Standard Parcel, I've used this service before and there has always been a tracking number. Should I contact the seller for a tracking number? Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Also, just an update, received an email from Ebay customer service (supposedly) where they say they have reviewed this post and have provided a link for me to click on. They have my name and everything, so wondering if it's a genuine email? 

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

If it is from eBay, a copy of the email should be in your eBay messages! If it does not appear there then do not click on the link!

If it is from eBay then it is probably a link to information about opening an item not received (INR) case, which can be found in the help pages.

It might be worthwhile contacting the seller and politely asking if there is tracking, however, if you open an INR case then usually the first thing a seller will do is upload tracking to the case if it is available.

A model car is unlikely to fit in an untracked letter, so one would assume the parcel has a tracking number.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

It's possible the seller just forgot to upload the tracking number,  a friendly message to them before raising an INR.

But if no reply within 24 hours,  INR without delay.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

If you purchased friday, likely posted monday so would wait a few more days depending on where you live in regard to the seller.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

the listing states delivery is between 28/11 & 01/12....and is being sent as a small parcel....you're too early to raise a claim

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

You bought it last Friday and expect it to be delivered by today (Wednesday)??

There was a weekend in there.

I'm sorry but I don't know of any seller that can deliver that fast.

That delivery date is ebay's guess, not a reality.

The seller probably didn't post it until Monday.

My thoughts are you're too impatient.

Ask the seller  (politely) for a tracking number and sit back and wait.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Just to add, the seller has a 2 day handling time - that doesn't include weekends.

Handling time  Will usually post within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment.

edit: Your impatience gets worse.

You bought it at 10.30 PM on Friday!!

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

It's always more reassuring when a seller uploads a tracking number but just give it a few more days. Sometimes the post can run a bit late. 

But for sure, if it doesn't arrive within a few days after the last estimated date of arrival, then you can open a claim for item not received. You can open this independent of the seller. The onus is then on them to prove it was posted on time and to provide a tracking number, otherwise you will get a refund.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

No I didn't buy it at 10:30pm on Friday, I don't know where you got that info from; I bought it on Friday morning at 9:15am, and got the confirmation email at 9:20am. I have a screenshot of the email but I don't know if I can attach it here. 

And I'm not being impatient, I was just worried that the seller marked it as sent and has not included a tracking number. 

I contacted the seller and he responded by saying he has the tracking number and will email it to but he hasn't yet emailed it to me.

Regarding the message from customer service, it is genuine, there is a copy in my ebay messages inbox. But I'll wait a couple of days before I contact ebay for help.

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply