Item never arrived.

Hi there, 

Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. 

My order of a gold to ring from UK to Australia was due on 29th Sept, tracking number doesn't show it arriving in Australia yet, last scanned UK royal mail 8th Sept. Have contacted the seller and opened a refund request. I'm just getting stalling from the seller, this is a transcript of messages between us.

Nothing back so far, anyone had this happen to them? Any thoughts on how to handle this? 
TIA Therese 

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Item never arrived.

If you have already opened a case, you will need to escalate within the allowed time. 21 days, I think, but don't quote me on that.

As you can clearly see it is/was in the possession of RM and given the postage delays world-wide due to COVID, you have probably jumped the gun.

The seller can't do anything to expedite postage; all they can do is voluntarily refund you. If they don't want to do that, then escalation is now your only viable option.

I sincerely hope you plan on repaying the seller when your item arrives, as it almost certainly will.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Item never arrived.

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Too soon, should have waited due to the Pandemic.

Hope you don't want to buy from that seller again - they've probably blocked you now.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Item never arrived.

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like the transcript of messages that I copied and pasted in my original post here between the seller and myself has been removed.

The seller asked for more time and I agreed.

THEN I received a message telling me he had looked into customs/border force Australia and that it was illegal for me to buy gold jewelry from anywhere in the world and have it sent to Australia, it was unlawfull and that I bid on it at my own risk, and that I entered in to a contract unlawfully......In short, I responded with a **bleep** are you talking about mate and sent him back a screenshot of the Australian customs webpage pertaining to "precious metals and gold imports"

Cheers.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Item never arrived.

Thanks for your reply.

It looks like the transcript of messages that I copied and pasted in my original post here between the seller and myself has been removed.

The seller asked for more time and I agreed.

THEN I received a message telling me he had looked into customs/border force Australia and that it was illegal for me to buy gold jewelry from anywhere in the world and have it sent to Australia, it was unlawfull and that I bid on it at my own risk, and that I entered in to a contract unlawfully......In short, I responded with a **bleep** are you talking about mate and sent him back a screenshot of the Australian customs webpage pertaining to "precious metals and gold imports"

Cheers.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Item never arrived.

Has the seller refunded?

Cos to me, that all sounds like seller speak for  'You're waaaay too much trouble'

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Item never arrived.

"Legal team" - he's bluffing.

Seriously, what is he going to do?

Seller sounds obnoxious.

Do not let the case time out - escalate if you need for a refund and if/when it arrives, you can repay the seller.

Mail from the UK is still being processed and is taking around 3 weeks at the moment, in spite of the pandemic.

If, for whatever reason, Customs does not let it through, you can still follow through with the claim. After looking at the Border Force website,you should not have an issue as gold jewellery is permitted. If it is over a certain value - $1000, a declaration has to be made (most likely by seller).

I wouldn't respond further to seller.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Item never arrived.

Thankyou,thankyou thankyou! 

A positive and helpful response at last, I fear that the system removing most of my original post painted me in a very bad light. I looked like a very unreasonable person, with high expectations. 

I have given the seller extra time, but when the last message arrived....I lost it.

Thanks again for your positive words. 

Cheers. 

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Item never arrived.

Hope it works out.

There are definitely some countries which strictly prohibit certain items, including fabric and shoes (Italy) as protectionist measures, but in general, Australia is quite accommodating as long as you pay duties and GST if assessed.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Item never arrived.

Thanks, I also  hope it turns out ok.

I've bought many gold rings from the UK and have never encountered this before.

Have a lovely weekend and thanks for your support. 😊

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply