Item not received

I am frustrated as all hell, bought and paid for, this item on 18 April 2024, seller has low feedback rating, but 100%. Yesterday I went to lodge an item not received, it stated wait till 29 April 2024 as it may be still in transit.  I know the seller will not be able to post it now till they "return to Australia" on 18 May 2024.  The item was purchased as a gift. Seller is not a good communicator.  Today I went to open up a dialogue and get the wait till 30 April 2024 as it may still be in transit.   I purchased another of the same item from another seller, and tracking details tell me it will be here by the end of this week.   I WANT the former purchase refunded to me. as I have not, and will not be receiving it.  Can anyone help?  

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Item not received

What is the latest EDD for the item? It sounds as though that latest estimated delivery date hasn’t passed yet.

You won’t be refunded until/unless the latest EDD passes without the item’s arrival.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

I purchased and paid on 18th April, estimated delivery was 26 April 2024. 

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

But was April 26th the first date or the last date?

It gives a range of two dates, and you can't/eBay won't allow open a dispute until after the second date has past 

They aren't a good communicator as in they have limited English or as in they are just fobbing you off?

And they do not have any feedback as a seller, so the 100% is their buyer feedback only 

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

the date seems to be changing, it was originally by 26 April,  Yesterday EDD was 29 April and today it is showing this Captureebayitem2.JPG

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I'm not sure there is much you can do at the moment except wait until tomorrow to try again to open the dispute

And if the date has changed again then, try to get onto eBay Help and maybe get a decent rep to look at the message where the seller says they can't post it and are overseas until next month?

I'm not sure if it's possible the reason for the change eBay said in waiting until the 29th then waiting til the 30th had to do with the ANZAC day public holiday (I very much doubt it, the eBay bots aren't that smart)

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

aren't a good communicator as in fobbing me off, 

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

That is something else you will be able to point out to eBay, if it comes to it that you need to contact them to try to sort it out 

It shouldn't 'have' to come to that, I know, but in case it does, have everything ready

And if you get an unsatisfactory amount of 'help' at first, request a supervisor 

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

yeah I have considered that with Anzac Day last week, may impact  EDD, but got message from the seller telling me that they aren't in the country and can't send till 18 May, I requested that they cancel and refund what I have paid them, I did manage to find another of the same item and it will arrive by end of this week.  ( with tracking number too )  Seller hasn't bothered to respond that is why I have been trying to open a dispute.  If worst comes to worse and I end up getting the first camera sent I will end up with 2 of the same item.  I am just frustrated as all hell with buying on ebay now. leaves a sour taste in the mouth.  I will try again tomorrow, if the last EDD has changed again then I will contact Ebay if I can find a phone number. 

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

no phone number for eBay...go to HELP at top of page and do a 'live chat'

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply