Item not sent

3 days out from supposed delivery date but I already know it won’t arrive as the seller hasn’t given any shipping details or responded to any of my inquiries. Now what. Lots of info about, didn’t receive your item, but no mention about what eBay should be doing about no shipping after close to a month.

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Item not sent

what is the estimated delivery date? Was the ‘three days’ past when it was due the first or last date inserted by eBay?

eBay won’t do a thing when you have not let them know there is an issue

Open an item not received dispute as soon as it allows you to and follow through with it

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

Item not sent

@rotory26 wrote:

3 days out from supposed delivery date but I already know it won’t arrive as the seller hasn’t given any shipping details or responded to any of my inquiries. Now what. Lots of info about, didn’t receive your item, but no mention about what eBay should be doing about no shipping after close to a month.

Sorry there is a ton of information about what to do,  read the help files.   But to asist open an Item Not Received case if the expected deliver date has passed.

But also remember not all items are tracked

And based on the last 3 sellers who left you feedback,  you enjoy buying from sellers with poor performance,  so it may be self imposed.

Good luck

Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

Item not sent

@rotory26 wrote:

If it's been close to a month, then you need to act quickly as you only have 30 days from the last ETA to open a dispute. The "didn't receive your item" is an automated process, and as already mentioned, unless you open a dispute, ebay don't know about it, so can't do anything about it.

Click on the didn't receive your item to open the dispute. Then follow through with it. Don't ignore it. If you do, ebay will assume you have had a good outcome and close without resolution. The seller will have a few days to respond. DO NOT close a dispute at the request of a seller saying they can't refund while a dispute is open. It's complete carp and if you do, you lose and there is nothing you can do about it.

Keep checking the dispute daily until the option to ask ebay to step in and help appears. Once it does, do it. Don't communicate with the seller outside of the dispute. If the seller doesn't provide tracking in the dispute, they will lose when you ask ebay to help. You will get refunded, but you have to follow the correct procedure to obtain that. If you're still not sure, come back here and ask.

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Item not sent

So it’s been nearly a week since I spoke via message to an eBay person/computer  with the final comment that they would get an eBay Agent to ring me. No phone call as yet. Yesterday I did try and open get a refund but the last delivery date hasn’t past yet. Would really like an Agent to ring me.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Item not sent

1st of December - 14 December, so as soon as the 14 passes I will contact eBay that way if they haven’t if contacted me by then. 

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

Item not sent

You don't need to contact eBay to open an item not received dispute

They won't contact you (despite what scripted responses may say)

So if the estimated date was 1-14 December, eBay will not do anything (nor can you) until that last date passes

It sounds like a seller registered in China, or one here with poor feedback for dropshipping

What was the item number from this item in question?

Message 7 of 7
Latest reply