Item says shipped, no tracking. (International Order)

I'm from America and ordered something from Australia, last week on Wednesday. Seller shipped it Monday, 2 PM AWST. However there is no tracking provided. I know this is common in Australia, but is it common for International orders? Order Number is: 16-09569-46848, Item Number is: 374369682232.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Item says shipped, no tracking. (International Order)

There is an economy parcel rate which has no tracking and is like flying standby so can take longer in high demand times. Letter post is only for printed matter or documents.

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

You also need the required Customs forms filled.

Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

You will need to include more information if you can with regard to the customs form comment. As far as I know anything sent international letter rate wont require a customs form anymore as they are just that. Parcels have always needed a customs form so nothing has changed there.

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

What information.

Already discussed is no ' items ' in letters - only documents - paper materials.

If it has been chucked in a box as a letter - think they are dvds - they won't get far without the postage nor the paperwork. 

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

OP asked if it is common for international to have no tracking and maybe not common but it is possible using economy parcel. 

I just am unsure why you brought up the customs form requirement. The topic has nothing to do with customs forms. 

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Geez - the conversation actually moved on.

Yes - it is now possible with Economy - but you still need the Customs forms - it can't be chucked in a red box. 

Along with the item at $8.95 - Free Shipping - to the US - it probably did get chucked in a red box - hoping it would go as a Large Letter.

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

@domino-710 wrote:

As mentioned - items can no longer be sent internationally as letters - they are documents only.

Only parcels - which have automatic tracking.

Just before Christmas, I sent a scarf off to Canada. It was a small & very light parcel, not a letter.

The lady in at the post office asked if I wanted to send it tracked or untracked. The tracked parcel was about $3-$4 dearer, I forget exactly. I did opt for that, but I have to say it surprised me as I assumed all parcels went with some form of tracking.

All in all, I ended up paying over $20 for postage, I think.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

I had a look at the seller's other listing. Looks like there is international postage set up - $20 AUD to the US. In that case it might have been sent with economy air which doesn't have tracking.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

Update: Seller gave a tracking number, but provided it in an eBay message instead of adding it to the "Purchases" tab. So patience was the key. It's Standard International Flat-rate Postage, and it's awaiting international departure. Thanks for all your replies though!

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply