Just a Vent (no, not an air vent!)

I bought a few things off a seller a few weeks back and they were far better than I expected. I left the seller glowing feedback and 5 stars. I then sent him a message to thank him so much and to tell him that his packaging skills were the best I'd ever seen for fragile items. I also said I'd definitely buy from him again in the future.

BIG MISTAKE! Ever since then, every single day without fail, he's been sending a message requesting (demanding) I go and buy more stuff. cursing.gifI do plan to buy more, but not at the moment. I also don't want him to think that all his badgering has encouraged me to buy more, so am tempted not to buy anything else at all, which would be a shame because he does have some really nice stuff that is hard to get.

Not after advice, just having a vent. I feel better now. thinking tapping fingers.gif

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Just a Vent (no, not an air vent!)

Good grief, you poor thing.

You would think that after a few weeks, he would have taken the hint to back off.

He must be scared you'll forget.Smiley Tongue

Seriously, all he had to do was say thanks and ask if there was any range of items in particular you were interested in.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

The items I bought were between $15 and $35 each. I spent nearly $200. He keeps sending me item numbers for different listings. Those items are $300+!!! One was over $1,000. He even sent me item numbers for his other account, which were all over $500. Yes, I'd dearly love those things, but there is a limit on what I can spend!

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Ignore the messages. Don't respond, don't read them.

If the seller is sending personalised messages they should get the idea.

If the messages appear automated, check that you haven't subscribed to a seller newsletter.

If it keeps on then send one, clear, reply to ask them to stop. That if you are interested you can check his items quite easily through his/her ID. If that doesn't work, report them to eBay as spam.

I had one seller do something like this. I think they felt they had hit the jackpot with me or something. It made me decide to avoid their listings (which was a shame but it's not like I actually needed more stuff).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I haven't responded as I was worried that might generate an increase in messages! I'd say they are personalised messages because I haven't followed him or subscribed to any newsletters. If I'm still getting them by the end of the month I'll tell him to stop. The messages are friendly enough, just too many of them!

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Yes, difficult when it's phrased politely but so many is a bit impolite really.

They might not realise they are being annoying.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

wendshee said:

The items I bought were between $15 and $35 each. I spent nearly $200. He keeps sending me item numbers for different listings. Those items are $300+!!! One was over $1,000. He even sent me item numbers for his other account, which were all over $500. Yes, I'd dearly love those things, but there is a limit on what I can spend!

--------------------------

That is really weird because there is nothing in your history of buying with him that would suggest you were in the market for one off expensive items like that. If he is trying to do personalised marketing, he is making a bad job of it.

Yes, just ignore or if it continues just ask him politely to stop as you aren't ready to buy anything yet.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Why not send them a link to this thread and them they might just get the hint that what they are doing is counterproductive.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Maybe he's got the hint as I didn't receive an email today!!! Here's hoping anyway LOL.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Its called Spam.. Report him..
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply