Label Created Not Yet in System - should I get worried

Dear everyone, recently I have purchased a book from Ukraine and I like to have the book shipped to Australia. It was a seller I have purchased once a few years back and I have good experience at that time. But this time I am not sure I am just paranoid or should I get worried. 

The story goes like this: last Tuesday I have placed an order for the book and I have paid it immediately after order. The item location listed is in Kiev of Ukraine, and the seller would ship to Australia. The seller did eventually marked the book as shipped on this Sunday (that is after I have asked for the tracking number). When I check the order I noticed the book was shipped using USPS, which for me is kind of strange as I don not really think this shipment has anything to do with United States. The seller did also attach a tracking number, but when search the tracking number on USPS website, it stated "Label Created, Not Yet in System", and this is true since yesterday (29 June 2020). 

Should I getting worried, or is it me being paranoid. Any help given would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've got 2 items still intransit from the same seller in Ukraine, who I've dealt with before a few times with no problems, in both cases the tracking numbers only show that they've left the country.

For both of them I left it until 28 days past the last ETA before going through the MBG, the first one has been refunded but I'm not escalating the second one until I have to. The seller has been really good about the situation and we're keeping in contact.

So long as you open an MBG case before that 30 day limit you'll be fine, if you leave it past that and have to go through Paypal's dispute process you may well lose the dispute if the seller can show the item has tracking events for sending the item.

Edit. 1 parcel is from mid March and the other mid April.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Hi there, are you able to post the item number here? From that someone will be able to have a closer look at the listing and the seller.

I don't have any experience with USPS sorry, but on the surface of things that does sound quite strange.

Does feedback show the seller has been selling regularly of late and without any issues?

NEVERMIND ON TROUBLES!!! LET'S DO HOBBY!!!
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

I've got 2 items still intransit from the same seller in Ukraine, who I've dealt with before a few times with no problems, in both cases the tracking numbers only show that they've left the country.

For both of them I left it until 28 days past the last ETA before going through the MBG, the first one has been refunded but I'm not escalating the second one until I have to. The seller has been really good about the situation and we're keeping in contact.

So long as you open an MBG case before that 30 day limit you'll be fine, if you leave it past that and have to go through Paypal's dispute process you may well lose the dispute if the seller can show the item has tracking events for sending the item.

Edit. 1 parcel is from mid March and the other mid April.

Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Dear tazzieterror, 

Thanks for your reply. The tracking number provided is LY325303986US

Thank you

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Deat tazzieterror, 

Sorry I tought you say tracking number. The item number is 163975852897. The book is about horse breeding with the listing being "Novoalexandrovsk stud farm. Russian book horses farm breeding reward testimonial". 

The listing is here: 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Novoalexandrovsk-stud-farm-Russian-book-horses-farm-breeding-reward-testimo...

The seller appeared to have activities in the past month. 

Thank you for your help. 

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Sorry I meant the eBay item number, but not to worry now as Padi has replied and is a lot more familiar with the situation than I.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Looking at that link and their feedback I wouldn't expect problems from them, maybe give it a few days and try the tracking number again, if there's still nothing showing ask them to confirm the number.

Edit. G'day tazzie hope your stayin' out of trouble..........original.gif

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Ok I had a quick look, and doesn't look like there's anything to worry about with the seller themselves - they're very active.

Follow Padi's advice I'd say, and maybe check that tracking status again later this week or early next week.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Thanks tazzieterror and padi, I will keep you updated. 

Once again thank you so much for your help. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Just a quick update, the shipment has arrived USPS and with finally some updates, thus no longer "label created not yet in system". The last update is yesterday when it said departed from USPS facility in Florida. 

By the way if there is anything wrong I will still follow padi suggestion, and would prepare for MBG if anything gone wrong. 

Once again thank you so so much for your help. You all are awesome!!

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply