Leave Negative for Global Shipping Program

The whole GSP (Global Shipping Program) is a typical eBay abortion.

I think the easy way to send a message to eBay US Sellers who use GSP is to leave them Negative Feedback when an item doesn't arrive which was shipped using GSP.

Unfair against the Seller you say....well it sure is, however I email them first and advise what I'm doing and why.

Most understand and simply Opt-Out of the GSP, or has been the more common result they deal with you direct.

Ebay are just SO DUMB, they can't run anything right and will now lose even more customers and $$$$$.

Thanks eBay, but the US Seller and I have just concluded a transaction outside eBay on the same items your GSP said couldn't be shipped to Australia (which of course was wrong as chainsaws are perfectly legal in Australia) you MUPPETS

Message 1 of 104
Latest reply
103 REPLIES 103

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

The negative feedback will probably be removed as the seller can prove that the goods were shipped.

And Pitney Bowes are quite within their rights to refuse to ship any goods that they decide will cause problems, whether the goods are legal to be shipped to Australia or not.

They will not ship knives of any description.

Message 2 of 104
Latest reply

Never mind Global Shipping, Aust Post will ruin Ebay with it's over the top parcel rates of now. They claim to be losing money on letter postage, well, what would they expect with all the stamp price rises in recent years. Now they are looking at charging you to have the mail delivered, I thought that was the purpose of paying for the stamp in the first place, to have that letter delivered anywhere in Aust, for the cost of the stamp. Some desk jockeys have too much spare time and not enough brain power to see that it will cause mayhem when everyone will have to drive to a central collection centre to collect the mail, as in parking etc etc. Imagine a whole suburb turning up at a collection centre on mail day? Absolutely brilliant idea.....not.

Message 3 of 104
Latest reply

Hi Lyndal1838,

You appear to have some very strong loyalities to both eBay and Pitney Bowes, moreover defending them when clearly they are wrong.

In my case it was a chainsaw & various small parts.

Everything was new, factory sealed bags and completely clean. The response (or excuse) offered from GPS/ Pitney Bowes was and I quote....."your items were unable to be shipped outside the United States as it contravenes Australian importation requirements".

I won't state me employment directly, however I know Australia's legal requirements for importing anything into this country (been my job for the Federal Government the past 27 years).

Anyway, all turned out well as the Seller and I transacted outside eBay and sent items USPS instead. In fact we will continue to do so in the future (thanks for the free introduction eBay).

Neither eBay or Pitney Bowes made one single cent...in fact it would have cost them money.

Message 4 of 104
Latest reply

Think you may have got that back to front......eBay has destroyed Australia Post by letting those eBay muppets in the door a few years ago.

Look at our postal price rises since eBay signed partnership agreements (contracts) with Australia Post, more importantly look at the dates when the sharp price hikes took place and the dates eBay got their claws into Australia Post.

Message 5 of 104
Latest reply

Not too sure what you mean by saying Ebay has ruined Aust Post, my suggestion is that Aust Post has benifited greatly, and this is validated by their own recent statement sayiong their parcel division is propping up the whole mail system. Probably none of my business, but why would anyone want to import a chainsaw from the US when they are all over Aust Ebay from local sellers, at giveaway prices. I have purchased several, and with only one exception, are still going strong, and fully serviceable.

Message 6 of 104
Latest reply

@willpetewaitara wrote:

Unfair against the Seller you say....well it sure is, 

Particularly considering eBay won't take it as feedback on Pitney Bowes / the GSP, they'll punish the seller for you taking your dissatisfaction with PB/GSP out on the seller.

If you know it's unfair against the seller, IMHO nothing you say before or after that line can or will justify the action. 

Message 7 of 104
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

@willpetewaitara wrote:

The whole GSP (Global Shipping Program) is a typical eBay abortion.

I think the easy way to send a message to eBay US Sellers who use GSP is to leave them Negative Feedback when an item doesn't arrive which was shipped using GSP.

Not the sellers fault as they shipped in good faith.

Unfair against the Seller you say....well it sure is, however I email them first and advise what I'm doing and why.

Why should their ability to sell be compromised because they did the right thing.

Most understand and simply Opt-Out of the GSP, or has been the more common result they deal with you direct.

Thanks eBay, but the US Seller and I have just concluded a transaction outside eBay on the same items your GSP said couldn't be shipped to Australia (which of course was wrong as chainsaws are perfectly legal in Australia) you MUPPETS

So keep doing that and ask the seller before you buy,(after all it's stated in each listing that they ship via PB).

If they answer in the negative,then just go to another seller.

When searching for items all listings that use PB state that:

Customs services and international tracking provided

So ignore them and see whether you can get the item from another seller.

Message 8 of 104
Latest reply

@willpetewaitara wrote:

Hi Lyndal1838,

You appear to have some very strong loyalities to both eBay and Pitney Bowes, moreover defending them when clearly they are wrong.

In my case it was a chainsaw & various small parts.

Everything was new, factory sealed bags and completely clean. The response (or excuse) offered from GPS/ Pitney Bowes was and I quote....."your items were unable to be shipped outside the United States as it contravenes Australian importation requirements".

Boy have you read my post wrong!!      Far from defending Pitney Bowes and ebay I am one of the most outspoken critics of the new GSP.   I have had 2 very bad experiences with the GSP after giving them a go....the system is slow and expensive.

What I was trying to point out is that Pitney Bowes terms and conditions allows them to make their own decisions as to what they will ship and those decisions often have no resemblance to what items are perfectly acceptable to customs in Australia.  PB has not got a clue and make up the rules as they go.

And if a seller has used the GSP and the buyer does not get the item....then it is too bad, so sad....you have lost your money and negative feedback on the seller will go poof.

Please read the boards and have a look at the problems being reported.....and I can guarantee you will not find me defending the system in any way.

Message 9 of 104
Latest reply

Sorry lyndal, clearly read your first post incorrectly.

Read some other GSP posts on the forum, and it appears almost everybody thinks the GSP system sucks.

So given everybody hates it, the muppets at eBay will continue to run with it...these eBay executives must be *bleep* as the 10% Sellers fees have turned eBay Australia to a virtual ghost ship (next to nothing listed these days), now how long before these muppets try to push GSP in Australia.

Clearly the US economy is still doing it tough and people are struggling, because so many Sellers are only too happy to deal direct off eBay to make a sale.

Thankfully there are so many online options for Buyers these days that eBay is fast falling by the wayside.

Message 10 of 104
Latest reply