Lying seller

223fmm
Community Member

E bay seller has told me that there shipper doesn't ship to my address!
Yet on the add it clearly shows Australia Post logo!
I receive  Australia Post packages at least twice a week!
What can I do about this lying seller?
The fact is Standard Postage is $8.99 but Express post is $2.99
I chose and paid for Express Post.

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: Lying seller

thanks for the link.  I copied the number from your post and got zero results as shown in the spoiler.

Spoiler
8492D4F7-4788-4F96-877A-BE264ABE25AD.jpegCB277839-8A14-4DAA-BEBC-38D419C02B6C.jpeg

The seller is registered in China.  Many Chinese sellers have warehouses in Australia BUT do post from overseas when the item is out of stock in Australia.

Do you use a PO Box?

They do indeed have express for just $2.99 . . . which is probably an error on their part.  The easiest way for a seller to cancel without getting a defect is to choose the ‘problem with buyers address’ option even if it is for out of stock or an error in the listing.

As far as feedback goes, if the transaction was cancelled it may prevent feedback from remaining . . . AND, it is hard to get negs to stick to some Chinese sellers.

I know it sucks, but time to move on (to a non-Chinese seller!)

Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

@223fmm wrote:

AP logo is clearly in the picture.

Like I said, Chinese sellers will frequently use the AP logo, along with the Australian flag, to dupe sellers into thinking they are an Ozzie seller when they are not.

Edit. SLR the reason that item number doesn't come up is that they have 0 stock.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

dupe buyers... padi... not sellers.

Why don't people look at feedback?...grrr

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

@repentatleisure1952 wrote:

dupe buyers... padi... not sellers.

I'm loosing it, and I haven't even had a bevvie - maybe thinkin' about that little calf I've got to hogtie does that to ya.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

They are OUT of STOCK, so that’s why they have cancelled your sale. 
Think yourself lucky, honestly, because we can absolutely guarantee you 100% that the item is a cheap worthless Chinese knock-off that you will have trouble with, and won’t be covered by warranty.

Go to a B&M shop to buy one, or order online from an actual wholesaler like Repco. 

All the AU flags and logos are fake advertising. This seller is nothing more than a drop-shipper. 

137EC22F-41F4-41D3-9115-69732AF1F407.jpeg

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

Sometimes express postage means it is not AusPost, but another courier. This has happened to me. I did get my item, but it was not express at all, and not AusPost. A bit weird they would call it express, but it definitely happened to me. Maybe the seller means whatever other service they are using does not deliver to your area?

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

Well, actually if you look at other items the seller has listed, postage prices are quite inconsistent.

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

@223fmm wrote:

E bay seller has told me that there shipper doesn't ship to my address!
Yet on the add it clearly shows Australia Post logo!
I receive  Australia Post packages at least twice a week!
What can I do about this lying seller?
The fact is Standard Postage is $8.99 but Express post is $2.99
I chose and paid for Express Post

-----------------

If they cancelled the sale citing problem with buyer's address, I don't think there is anything you can do about this seller. Not a thing, especially as they are in China. From all I have read, they are a protected species. Chinese ebay doesn't seem to work exactly like ebay in Australia.

When you say express post was $2.99, I at first thought you meant $2.99 extra, on top of standard postage. But now I am not so sure. Do you mean express post was $2.99 in total?

That doesn't make sense, why would express post be way, way cheaper than standard post?

Maybe it was an error and that could be why the sale was cancelled.

In any case, it could be a blessing in disguise, maybe buy from a reputable Australian seller and it may cost a bit more but most likely it will be a better product.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

OP, you should expect to pay $59 or so for a genuine petrol compression tester.

The item in the listing at which you were looking is a cheap knock-off imitating Sealey/Daytona. Get a genuine item from a local Australian store.

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply