Major Postage Delays from the UK.

Has anyone else noticed a major delay in items ariving from the UK. I have ordered 2 items in the past 2 months and they havent shown up. one was supposed to be here 2 weeks ago and the other  was meant to have arrived at the start of October. I have never known postage from the uk to take so long or not turn up at all.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem.

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Re: Major Postage Delays from the UK.

Can't say I have, but if it's less than 45 days since you bought the items, open up an item not received dispute through PayPal. That then gives you an extra 20 days to be able to make a claim in the event they don't turn up. If they do turn up, then you can close the case.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

No problems here......quite the opposite in fact.

I have had a couple of small parcels arrive in under a week.  I have 2 medium sized parcels posted last Tuesday so we will see how they go.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Yes, I've noticed it seems to be taking a while longer from UK than I've normally had to wait. Currently I am waiting on 3 small parcels which I thought would have been here at least 10 days ago. I've been lucky and never had any UK purchase not arrive at all. Only thing I had happen was a pendant I bought from a seller from the Scottish Borders who contacted me after 3 weeks or so to say the item had been returned to her. She asked if I still wanted it and I said yes please send it on to me. She didn't know why it was returned to her. You just never know what can happen sometimes.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

I have had a parcel arrive after 6 days from the UK and then again I have had to wait over 2 weeks (sometimes longer) for parcels from the UK.
My biggest peeve with the UK, EURO, sellers is there is no tracking number provided with items, unlike the US sellers.
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

I can never understand why buyers get so hung up on tracking their parcels.

When I first started on ebay tracking was expensive and you only worried about it if the item was very expensive.  I had thousands of items arrive safely without the benefit of tracking.

I paid and waited....sometimes the seller notified that the item was posted, sometimes they didn't.  Rarely did the items take so long to arrive that I needed to contact the seller.

And then ebay introduced compulsory safe payment methods which meant paypal for most sellers....and their rigid rules for proving postage.   Everything went downhill from there.

To this day I don't look at the tracking details untill I have waited a reasonable time without the item arriving.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Michelle, if you want tracking then ask the sellers from those countries if you can pay extra for the postage and have tracking/signed for /registered delivery, I'm sure they would be happy to do that for you. 

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

I am ALWAYS happy to wait. There is no tracking on most of my purchases. If there's an item I would be particularly upset to have go astray I ask the seller for an upgraded postal method with signature on delivery.
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

My post was not directed at you sprinkles but at another poster who lives and breathes tracking numbers, postage dates and delivery dates.

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Has anyone else noticed a major delay in items ariving from the UK

Quite the opposite, our plane landed in Brisbane an hour early yesterdaySmiley LOL

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 10 of 14
Latest reply