Misleading Description

What do you do when a seller is misleading in their description of an item?

A seller is decsribing their item as turquoise.  I've bought items described as turquiose before that turned out not to be so I sent a message asking if it was in fact genuine earth mined turquoise or another immiation stone.  They replied saying it was not turquoise but another stone howlite.

I've re-read the entire post and it is only described as turquoise, nowhere does it mention anything about howlite.  Is this legal? I believe this is misleading and deceptive conduct. How do I report this to ebay?

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Misleading Description

On the RHS of the listing page, about halfway down is "report item" in blue, click on that and go from there.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Misleading Description

If it's coming from China, you can pretty much guarantee it's Howlite. The Chinese need to be careful because the stocks of Howlite are running out so they will have to come up with another plan for their fakes. If you want genuine turquoise, there are sellers in the US who sell turquoise from Arizona, which is the best you'll get in the world.

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Misleading Description

If it's listed as one thing but is something else you're covered anyway.
Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Misleading Description

When a seller says item worn once on description ! then after you paid for it tells you they washed it! And it has pilling and it says it on the tags that it will pill and fade after wear! Lol!!! (Tag says wearing) Like after a lot more than once wear and wash!
Received it pilling on stomach area across breast and under both armpits all the way underneath the arm to the rist!
Then says I saved on purchasing $159 lol I paid $119 then to ask what are you seeking??
The bloody truth !!
Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Misleading Description

It can't be listed as NWOT if it's been worn.   They also used a stock photo

for a used item.   That's  no-no

Open a case for Item not as described.

Keep any messages from seller, admitting they washed it.  It will help your case.

$119 is too much money to lose

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply