Missing parcel. Seller won’t provide any help to find it and eBay sided with seller??? Help!

I have an item that has not arrived. I requested tracking info and was told the seller did not have this as 30 days had passed. Furthermore that, since 30 days was up, they were not obligated to keep tracking details and took no responsibility from that point.

Filed a case with eBay after seller proved unhelpful, they responded to the case saying 30 days no responsibility and asked eBay to review, eBay did and closed the case in sellers favour without me getting any right of reply. I appealed and almost immediately got a message saying the original decision was upheld. 

I have since then several times requested information to assist tracking down the parcel and seller has ignored all messages. Most recently when resending a previously ignored request the seller has told me quite rudely not to contact them any more and that if I do they will report to eBay. My requests have always been polite, never pushy. Like most people though, I don’t like or appreciate being ignored hence asking several times. And certainly don’t appreciate being abused. 

I’m now at the point where the seller and eBay are not helping and in light of the sellers refusal to give me anything to go with I’m now seeking advice here. Is there another option to appeal further or is 30 days all you get nowadays? 

Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 39
Latest reply
38 REPLIES 38

Re: Missing parcel. Seller won’t provide any help to find it and eBay sided with seller??? Help!

Imastawka I was actually amazed how they handled it. I was expecting to have to send everything and wait for the seller to respond. 

Message 31 of 39
Latest reply

Re: Missing parcel. Seller won’t provide any help to find it and eBay sided with seller??? Help!

These resolution processes are so bot-driven that, in the absence of proof of shipment/delivery (as appropriate), it's a slam-dunk against the seller.

I'm surprised that the eBay case didn't give you the resolution, letscleanupmycupboards. Is it possible that you somehow missed seeing the option to escalate the case? (aka "Ask eBay to step in".)

At any rate, the PayPal resolution in your favour is an excellent result.

Message 32 of 39
Latest reply

👍let's hope this is the end of it for you....well done

Message 33 of 39
Latest reply

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:

Springyzone went in and lodged through PayPal and provided all the screenshots and they closed in my favour immediately so alls well that ends well. 

Thanks for the help. 

That really is absolutely fantastic news!! Well done! All the seller had to do was upload a tracking number showing it as delivered, but they either couldn't, because they didn't actually have a tracking number, or they point blank refused. Regardless, they lost and there's nothing now they can do about it.

Message 34 of 39
Latest reply

It was just too late for eBay, Countess.

I don't even know if they (I mean a human) looked at the case or if it was automatically closed because it was too late.

Message 35 of 39
Latest reply

I agree, a lot of problems could be at least lessened with a bit of communication.

With online purchases though, the bottom line is that the item needs to arrive, even if it runs a bit late.

If it doesn't, then the seller should be trying to help locate it.

What I find odd is that anyone would not keep the tracking details for anything posted where the item had not yet been delivered. For sellers, it would seem to me to be a form of insurance to keep those details filed even after a delivery.

I'm interested in how this pans out. Please let us know how you go with the Paypal claim.

PS. Just went 'back' to look at thread and noticed there had been replies I had not seen. For some reason, the threads are not showing replies in chronological order on the last few pages. Not when I first post. I just noticed there were further posts later & you said you got a refund. Excellent, thought you would.

Message 36 of 39
Latest reply

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:

Imastawka I was actually amazed how they handled it. I was expecting to have to send everything and wait for the seller to respond. 

I was too, about a week ago when my sister in law had her claim.

It's worked in your favour and in hers, in what were honest claims, but I am actually uneasy with the automated response system where a buyer (I presume one who has never made a claim before or not recently) gets an automatic refund.

It doesn't matter if you upload info or not (in my case, we didn't), it is computer driven as the refund was given to us as soon as we pushed the claim button.

As  excellent as it was for us, I think a seller should be given the right of reply and the chance to upload evidence before a claim is settled.

I have a friend who sold a pick up only item and 15 minutes after the sale, they had a notice to say the buyer had been refunded through paypal for item not received. I thought that was unfair.

But in your case, glad to hear of the refund.

Message 37 of 39
Latest reply

I agree, springy.

I haven't opened a case in many years, and back then the seller had a few days to reply.

I wonder if there is an option for a seller to appeal a decision or refund?

@springyzone wrote:

As  excellent as it was for us, I think a seller should be given the right of reply and the chance to upload evidence before a claim is settled.

I have a friend who sold a pick up only item and 15 minutes after the sale, they had a notice to say the buyer had been refunded through paypal for item not received. I thought that was unfair.

But in your case, glad to hear of the refund.

Message 38 of 39
Latest reply

Countessalmirena the seller asked eBay to step in almost immediately after I had sent the first lot of info and opened the case. Almost immediately they declined and closed the case. Same when I appealed. 

Message 39 of 39
Latest reply