Missing sign in / out link

Ebay are so " clever " they've removed the sign in / out link from the My Ebay page and auction pages. What a stroke of genuis ! No doubt many people are aware of this but I haven't seen another thread about it yet. What's the next surprise ?

TCT
Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

There was a thread about this a few days ago...I never did see if the OP ever found the links.:-(

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

On one page ( I can't remember which one ) there is a drop down menu for it. Thanks Lyndal.

TCT
Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

They haven't removed it, just done one of their infamous "improvements".

I had to take the following screen shots from my selling account, because this one hasn't been 'upgraded' yet - you'll note several black bars because now eBay greet you by your registered name, not your user ID, and when you pull up the drop down menu, it displays your full name next to your ID - and that's where the sign out link is.

They've changed the search bar, too, and I've uploaded a shot of that just cos I can, for anyone interested in seeing what it will look like soon enough.

You'll have to  click to see the attachment of the full view, as it'll be too small to see anything clearly here. 

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Thanks for that - now I know how to find the link. The search bar is already in use.

TCT
Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I must admit that it does not worry me....I never sign out of ebay anyway.  There are only the two of us here and OH never looks at ebay unless he is asking me to help him find something.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Im currently using 4 IDs and it is tedious signing in and out of each one. The new and improved way is much slower than the old way

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

I have been signing in/out from the community page.  Tis a pain.

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Im currently using 4 IDs and it is tedious signing in and out of each one

There is an easy fix for that problem, I can have 4 ids open at once as I just use 4 different browsers. FF, IE, Chrome and Safari.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

Honestly with eBay there is never a dull moment keeping up with their  'improvements'. Other than waiting for your listings to be visible and a sale to actually occur ๐Ÿ˜›

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply