My seller says he sent a replacement unit for a faulty one but I havent received it 4 months on.

I posted positive feedback as soon as I received my item, however, it failed as soon as I powered it up.

I contacted the seller who said he would send a replacement unit. Four months later, I have not received it and the seller does not reply to my emails.

It never turned up and it appears that the deal has been closed even though I have not received my product or refund?

I asked for a tracking number on the replacement unit and the seller said it didnt have one.

My biggest mistake was giving positive feedback too early with no way to change it.

Where do I go from here?

Regards,

Jeff

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: My seller says he sent a replacement unit for a faulty one but I havent received it 4 months on.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

All you can do now is open a dispute in paypal if that is how you paid....you have 6 months there as against the 30 days allowed by ebay.

The feedback is not a problem.  Because you have already left feedback you can now do a followup comment.....but don't do it until the transaction is finished....it is your last chance, so don't waste it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Re: My seller says he sent a replacement unit for a faulty one but I havent received it 4 months on.

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

All you can do now is open a dispute in paypal if that is how you paid....you have 6 months there as against the 30 days allowed by ebay.

The feedback is not a problem.  Because you have already left feedback you can now do a followup comment.....but don't do it until the transaction is finished....it is your last chance, so don't waste it.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Do as per the previous poster suggested. Also when you do get around to leaving FB followup, try and fit all of the bad things in there such as Faulty, no replacement, seller igniring emails etc.. Have a good think about what you want to put in.

The seller could have pulled the "I'll delay everything and hope the buyer forgets" tactic / stunt with you.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Lydal's right and paypal seems to be the way to go now as you're out of time for an ebay claim.

I'm not 100% sure how it will go as I presume the seller had tracking for the first item, so they can prove they sent it and you got it. I think you'd have to be claiming the original item was faulty, rather than that you didn't receive it (the replacement, I mean).

From what I have read on these forums, I think it is probably better to press for a refund when things are faulty, rather than accept a replacement, unless that replacement is going to arrive mighty quickly. You never want to be waiting so long you run out of time to make an ebay claim.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply