NO wonder items from CHINA take forever to get here!!!

gevkal
Community Member

Look at all the **bleep** holidays they have! I bought something last week, paid straight away, a week later I get a BS email from them sayd they can't send until NEXT WEEK due to their holidays!!! Smiley Mad

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/china/

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Re: NO wonder items from CHINA take forever to get here!!!

When buying from china I know it's going to take 30 days b4 I get my item. I understand maybe they could have put in there listing that items wont be posted due to ................

But for the most part items are cheap and when buying I make the choice do I need it in a hurry If yes Ibuy aussie if no I go china

When life gives you lemons.
Squeeze them into people's eyes
Message 11 of 19
Latest reply

@davewil1964 wrote:

@crikey*mate wrote:

I was just joking Reta...

*hangs head in shame*

here's an Aussie's work year

Want a day off work?

So you want a day off. Let's take a look at what you are asking for. There are 365 days per year available for work. There are 52 weeks per year in which you already have 2 days off per week, leaving 261 days available for work. Since you spend 16 hours each day away fron work, you have used up 170 days, leaving only 91 days available. You spend 30 minutes each day on coffee break which counts for 23 days each year, leaving only 68 days available. With a 1 hour lunch each day, you used up another 46 days, leaving only 22 days available for work. You normally spend 2 days per year on sick leave. This leaves you only 20 days per year available for work. We are off 5 holidays per year, so your available working time is down to 15 days. We generously give 14 days vacation per year which leaves only 1 day available for work and I'll be darned if you are going to take that day off!

We get 4 weeks a year rec leave and 10ish public holidays, so your figures are UScentric.

Also - There are lies, damned lies and statistics. Benjamin Disraeli

just pretend ok? it's kinda funny.

ok, I found it amusing in 1990 when I first saw it on a notice board where I worked.

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 12 of 19
Latest reply

@crikey*mate wrote:

@davewil1964 wrote:

@crikey*mate wrote:

I was just joking Reta...

*hangs head in shame*

here's an Aussie's work year

Want a day off work?

So you want a day off. Let's take a look at what you are asking for. There are 365 days per year available for work. There are 52 weeks per year in which you already have 2 days off per week, leaving 261 days available for work. Since you spend 16 hours each day away fron work, you have used up 170 days, leaving only 91 days available. You spend 30 minutes each day on coffee break which counts for 23 days each year, leaving only 68 days available. With a 1 hour lunch each day, you used up another 46 days, leaving only 22 days available for work. You normally spend 2 days per year on sick leave. This leaves you only 20 days per year available for work. We are off 5 holidays per year, so your available working time is down to 15 days. We generously give 14 days vacation per year which leaves only 1 day available for work and I'll be darned if you are going to take that day off!

We get 4 weeks a year rec leave and 10ish public holidays, so your figures are UScentric.

Also - There are lies, damned lies and statistics. Benjamin Disraeli

just pretend ok? it's kinda funny.

ok, I found it amusing in 1990 when I first saw it on a notice board where I worked.

ha ha? ROFLMAO?  Okay?

It's good when it is relevant to the country. And I know for a fact that we got 4 weeks in this country in 1974, Before that it was 3 for probably a helluva long time.

I've also read the one where it works out that you and me are the only ones working, and I'm not the slacker.

Benjamin Disreali

Message 13 of 19
Latest reply

Will it make you happier if I convert the joke to suit Australian Standards?

I like to help. I'm a very helpful person.

shuffle.gif

n 1974 I was but a wee bairn, barely out of nappies (although apparently "in the old days" all babies were toilet trained by 10 months of age, so that is probably wrong)

- all I remember about that year was Cyclone Tracey.

I haven't read the slacker one, wanna share?

Whose Benjamin?

Don't wanna google - just seein if you know

Message 14 of 19
Latest reply

@phorum_junkie* wrote:

What's "Golden Week" and how come we don't have it here?

At the risk of getting slapped silly I have to say I hope the weather is dry and they don't have showers.

runs back into dark corner and hides 

* wiping the coffee splutter off my screen

ROFLMAO...........too funny hahahhaha yeah run baby run hahahah Too late you have exposed your very bent sense of humour hahahha luv it!Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 19
Latest reply

*proudly sponsored by I. P. Standing*

a slogan for a t-shirt to commemorate the celebrations?

Message 16 of 19
Latest reply

roflmfao ..........stop it.........or it will happen to me! Smiley LOLSmiley Embarassed

Message 17 of 19
Latest reply

Pommie PM. Very erudite.

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply

wonder if he peed in his pants?

Message 19 of 19
Latest reply