NO wonder items from CHINA take forever to get here!!!

gevkal
Community Member

Look at all the **bleep** holidays they have! I bought something last week, paid straight away, a week later I get a BS email from them sayd they can't send until NEXT WEEK due to their holidays!!! Smiley Mad

http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/china/

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

gevkal
Community Member

What is the **bleep** for, c'mon Ebay stop ebing soooooooo precious, it wasn't even a profane word.

Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

What's "Golden Week" and how come we don't have it here?

Who do I talk to about that?

laughing at their designated "working days" only 6 of em, eh? In a whole year??/ LOLOL

They don't have Christmas and Easter break like us tho - but sheesh, they do get a lot of days off, eh? no wonder they reckon they work such long hours in a day, they have to to fit in all their days off!

*moves to China*

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

haha good points

Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

tstore
Community Member

Wow. That is all I will say. 11 public holidays is what China has. And they don't have public holidays over the Christmas period. They also work from 8am to 6pm on average (10 hour days) or 44 hour week (6 hours more than Aussies). Did I mention for less? Give em some slack. 

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

The factory workers mostly live in or near the factory in small rooms crammed with bunk beds. They earn very little by Australian standards & send most of it back to their older parents. They can work 14 hour days and have only the public holidays off. The conditions are horrible. Families are split, Parents travelling into cities to find factory work living away from their children & having them raised by Grand parents. I dont begrudge them any of their time off. I do however detest the  system that has forced them into such miserable lives all to mass produce rubbish for western markets.....

Ok rant over sorry ..........lol......Smiley Frustrated

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

I was just joking Reta...

*hangs head in shame*

here's an Aussie's work year

Want a day off work?

So you want a day off. Let's take a look at what you are asking for. There are 365 days per year available for work. There are 52 weeks per year in which you already have 2 days off per week, leaving 261 days available for work. Since you spend 16 hours each day away fron work, you have used up 170 days, leaving only 91 days available. You spend 30 minutes each day on coffee break which counts for 23 days each year, leaving only 68 days available. With a 1 hour lunch each day, you used up another 46 days, leaving only 22 days available for work. You normally spend 2 days per year on sick leave. This leaves you only 20 days per year available for work. We are off 5 holidays per year, so your available working time is down to 15 days. We generously give 14 days vacation per year which leaves only 1 day available for work and I'll be darned if you are going to take that day off!

Some people can go their whole lives and never really live for a single minute.
Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

hahaha I wasnt havin a crack at you crikes!

I am just a little sensitive to the plight of the ordinary chinese worker.....in a way I wish I still lived in ignorance as to how their system works. It is getting a little better but its a marginal improvement. The real difference is in the emergence of an immense middle class & the super rich . 

Anyway on to happy things!! lolSmiley Wink

Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

What's "Golden Week" and how come we don't have it here?

At the risk of getting slapped silly I have to say I hope the weather is dry and they don't have showers.

runs back into dark corner and hides 

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

@crikey*mate wrote:

I was just joking Reta...

*hangs head in shame*

here's an Aussie's work year

Want a day off work?

So you want a day off. Let's take a look at what you are asking for. There are 365 days per year available for work. There are 52 weeks per year in which you already have 2 days off per week, leaving 261 days available for work. Since you spend 16 hours each day away fron work, you have used up 170 days, leaving only 91 days available. You spend 30 minutes each day on coffee break which counts for 23 days each year, leaving only 68 days available. With a 1 hour lunch each day, you used up another 46 days, leaving only 22 days available for work. You normally spend 2 days per year on sick leave. This leaves you only 20 days per year available for work. We are off 5 holidays per year, so your available working time is down to 15 days. We generously give 14 days vacation per year which leaves only 1 day available for work and I'll be darned if you are going to take that day off!

We get 4 weeks a year rec leave and 10ish public holidays, so your figures are UScentric.

Also - There are lies, damned lies and statistics. Benjamin Disraeli

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply