Need help exercising my consumer rights ?

I purchase a Bluetooth headset from a seller on the 16th Nov as a Christmas present for my son. He unwrapped it on Christmas day and we found it will not hold a charge. Seller declined a return request and immediately blocked my eBay account so I could not contact them. How can I get their details so I can put in a complaint with fair trading? 

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Need help exercising my consumer rights ?

Bit of an update, after a fairly long wait Paypal has got eBay to provide a return address to send the item back, which I did today. Now to wait and see if the seller comes up with some BS that the item wasn't returned in its original packaging or it is not faulty. I recorded the whole return process even recording handing it over to the Austpost counter just in case. I would still like to do a formal complaint with fair trading because this seller wrecks the whole online selling/buying experience for everyone.  

Message 11 of 18
Latest reply

What on earth can any FT in Australia do - you have just stated you returned the item overseas.

Message 12 of 18
Latest reply

Oh and you just did it again - to mention the seller is a definite NO NO.

Message 13 of 18
Latest reply

Recording the whole process will be irrelevant if the seller disputes the item condition. You cannot upload video in a dispute.

So you got the address from Ebay via Paypal. Who, exactly paid for the return postage? I hope it was not you.

Message 14 of 18
Latest reply

I had very little choice in the matter and yes I had to pay for the return postage. The item was returned last Monday and is still sitting in the seller's PO box waiting for collection. Now I am still out  $80.95 plus $9.70

Message 15 of 18
Latest reply

No the item was returned to South Australia

Message 16 of 18
Latest reply

Ok, it took a while but I got a full refund from PayPal and the $20 voucher from eBay because the troubles covered the postage with $10 to spare. eBay should put more effort into weeding out these slimeball sellers that wreck it for everyone. 

Thanks every one for your input. 

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply

Thank you for the update. It’s always good to see a positive outcome.

Message 18 of 18
Latest reply