New listing format

When looking through vinyl records I can no longer search by auction - most bids ... to weed out all the tons of **bleep** listed.

But worse ... at this point I can only view 25 items on a page. 

If this stays it's going to kill this site ... at 25 items a page not many people are going to look more than 100 odd items in before getting fed up. 

Already buying off the other record sites, as much or more than ebay. 

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

New listing format

Go into advanced search next to the search button.

There you can refine searches and change the number per page also.

image host
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

New listing format

OK - thanks for that.

It's going to take people a while to work this out and many won't.

Long time members will work it out eventually, new members maybe not.

With 600 000+ listed in the category - and high numbers in many/most subcategories ... 25 listings per page isn't going to work well IMO.

And with best match - it mainly just throws up generic products from mass sellers.

Not sure E-bay Australia has worked out the collector's market very clearly, and in my area (music) it faces clear competition from one other site which I think trumps it these days. I personally buy more from it and if I started selling now - I'd use it over E-bay because it finds items based on discographies, so there is no need to wade thru mass listed items, which are not priced to sell or are basically just **bleep** being relisted again and again.

It doesn't have the auction format tho, and Ebay's general systems are/were slightly better.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

New listing format

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Auction button is still there -

search1.JPG

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

New listing format

As stawks pointed out, auction button still there but you need to just scroll a little past the featured records to the beginning of the search.

image host
Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

New listing format

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

As stawks pointed out, auction button still there but you need to just scroll a little past the featured records to the beginning of the search.

waving2.gif??  Please explain Kopes.

Even I don't know what that means.   (But I've been having a bad week.)   

wot.jpg

Forgive my stoopidity

OP's search, using the auction button, has reduced the listings from over 60,000 to 1,940

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

New listing format

I think their issue is they can't sort within 'auctions' by most bids, nor expand the number of listings displayed per page.

Which your screen grab doesn't elucidate upon. Just sayin'

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

New listing format

OK.  I'm on a roll with screen grabs today.  Either that or the meds haven't kicked in

OP can't have the auction sorted by bid numbers, but the number of listings

per page is easy enough.

Top right of page is a drop down menu under 'View'

customise.JPG<<<<

Customise the number of items per page, and whatever else there

customise search.JPG

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

New listing format

Fair enough. It did used to be an option at the bottom of the screen, though. Far more useful.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

New listing format

Right, I'm finding this working ok by going in from the front title page.

I'm used to going in from the category link at the top of each item - which takes me into a different format now than in the past (with 25 items only). I do this because it's the easiest way to navigate on the British site which has a wide range of specific categories for my area of interest.

Thanks for the info. I'll start searching by this method from here on.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply