Non Delivery Of eBay Purchases More Frequent

bussosz
Community Member

Having read posts relating to the non delivery of purchasesI am dissappointed that non delivery is becoming more prevealent not less.

One seller even talks about about shoplifting being the cause,  which is rubbish.

I have been buying on ebay since 2004 and never had a non delivery till last year (2015).  Already this year I have had two (2) non deliveries and my wife has had two.

This cannot be improved when ebay will not allow negative feedback after it enters dispute resolution.   The seller just makes a refund when pressed with no penalty.  Probably hoping the buyer will give up and leave it alone. Meanwhile the buyer has to start all over again to purchase the item which was probably never sent.

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

Re: Non Delivery Of eBay Purchases More Frequent

As no other buyers have supported this notion I will just put it down to a blip and get on with life

Soooo,  sellers are not also buyers?

Message 11 of 32
Latest reply

@bussosz wrote:

Would seem that no one really gets the point.  Just a whole lot of sellers saying "oh dear someone has said something dreadful about sellers"  Look,  if the caps fits.........

What wasn't under stood was I don't particularly care or want a refund,  I want the item I purchased.  The amount money involved hasn't been great and wouldn't have bothered me much if there there was no refund.

Looking at the total non deliveries verses total purchases, non deliveries are a very small percetage, so no drama,  I was just making the point there seems to be an increase.

As no other buyers have supported this notion I will just put it down to a blip and get on with life.

It obviously bothered you enough to leave a great whack of negatives, as I say welcome to many party lists.

Message 12 of 32
Latest reply

I am a buyer only and with significantly more purchases under my belt than you have.

The reason I did not support your theory was because I totally disagree with it.  In all my thousands of purchases I have had perhaps 5 that have not arrived,   A quick message to the seller have seen a refund sent promptly with no intervention from ebay or paypal.

Most of the disputes/claims I have made over the years have involved broken or damaged items and it is surely not the sellers fault.

Message 13 of 32
Latest reply

How do you think I had my selling account suspended?

Because of buyers saying that they never received their items,and mind you this all happened within 2 months of the MBG being

introduced by ebay and then all of a sudden buyers putting in claims of non arrival and ebay with one eye opened ruled in the buyers favour.

I complained till the cows came home that ebay needed to have a long look at the situation as it was becoming out of control that so many buyers all at once claimed they never received their items but ebay wouldn't listen and shut me down.

Not all sellers are to blame for non deliveries as genuine sellers aren't in the business to rip buyers off.

Message 14 of 32
Latest reply

I am the same Lyndal (although with a LOT less purchases under my belt).

Feedback to me is for the service I receive, more than the item really. Apart from a blatant NAD, a seller can not be held responsible for lost/slow/post damaged items. They also should not be blamed when an item is out of stock (a large vol. seller - anyone can make a mistake).

So long as my item arrives eventually, in good order as packed, or if a refund/replacement is provided when necessary, I can't see why the seller should not receive positive FB.

What else is a seller to do, but attempt to keep a buyer happy ?

Message 15 of 32
Latest reply

@bussosz wrote:

Would seem that no one really gets the point.  Just a whole lot of sellers saying "oh dear someone has said something dreadful about sellers"  Look,  if the caps fits.........

I got your point, I just know enough to know it was based on misconceptions and a lack of insight as to how selling and posting items works, and I attempted to clarify some of those so that you no longer had those misconceptions.

Looks like I failed, as you didn't get any of my points. 

Only about 100 or so of the 1400+ FB I have showing over here <<<< is from selling, so to presume I don't understand anything from the buyer's perspective is just as ignorant as saying "pfft, I'm right" and then marking that post as the solution. Smiley LOL

Message 16 of 32
Latest reply

Smiley LOL

Message 17 of 32
Latest reply

I've had the opposite experience.

All my purchases have arrived over the last few years and I have found sellers on the whole are much quicker to post things off.

I don't actually believe Aust post lose too many items. Some, but not a lot.

I put my improved experiences down to the fact that sellers are so much more answerable these days, compared to a decade ago.

Back then, a seller could decide just to keep your money and not to post an item (and that is exactly what a couple of them did to me back in those days.)

I was upset but what could I do?

These days, the seller would be more or less pressed to either replace or refund. If they wouldn't, ebay or paypal would, so there is not a lot of percentage in it these days for them to sell and not post. Not if a person pays via paypal.

I understand you are disappointed if items don't arrive, but if you have found that happening more lately, have a good look at where you are buying from. See if you can stick mainly to aussie sellers. I don't have any trouble with them.

Message 18 of 32
Latest reply

Now people, let's not diss Chinese seller too much (even though as you all know I was burnt a few times).

i wouldn't say that there has been a lot of "no send" scams going on, but I do wonder if you actually talked to any one of your sellers when you don't get your item? Or have you spoken to the sellers before making the deal? 

Message 19 of 32
Latest reply

Perchance this phenomenon is also linked to the steady decline in the reliability of the service offered by Australia Post that I have observed as both a Buyer and Seller on eBay.

Message 20 of 32
Latest reply