Not Authentic; Tony Moly hand cream; bought from <Removed>.

Purchased items were not authentic.

Each container was a different shade to the original and the cream did not have the same smell.

The 20 containers were simply thrown into a bag and lengthy postage to Australia resulted in leakage and the peach shaped plastic containers arrived scratched.

The hand cream pots also had barcode stickers indiscriminately plastered over them.

Because I had placed a dispute with Paypal to get a refund E Bay were not interested and I was advised to approach my bank who may be able to help.Paypal wanted me to return items registered post ;approx. one and a half kilo in a parcel then claim back from them?

There must be a fair way of obtaining a refund from <Removed>?

Items purchased 20.10.14.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

If you have opened a dispute with paypal you will have to return the items at your own cost by trackable post.  It has always been like that.

And you cannot do a chargeback through your bank while there is a paypal dispute open...you cannot do both.

If you do go down the road of a bank chargeback you will still have to return the goods at your own cost and the bank requirements are that you have to get a signature on delivery, which is actually more expensive than the paypal trackable post.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

All this trouble over $4.99 for hand cream.   Didn't you read sellers feedback?

194 negs and 132 neutrals in the last 12 months.   Why would anyone buy from them?

Hardly worth sending them back.  

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Unfortunately this is the classic example of "Why Not to Buy this Carp" from China. As mentioned, it's going to cost you more in return postage, than the carp is worth. Nuffink.  Glad you left them Neg feedback. 

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member

Don't forget that if they are counterfeit products it is illegal to return them to the seller by Australia Post, and on that basis Paypal should really approve your claim and request that the offending articles be destroyed.

If they're not amenable to that idea, a complaint to the FOS at https://forms.fos.org.au/OnlineDispute should have them very quickly changing their mind. Suggest you ring Paypal first and tell them your intentions re the FOS as they will probably change their tune on the spot.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for the reply Lyndal,I might say goodbye to my $100,I dont think its going to be worth the aggravation.The lack of care in posting the stuff was aggrevating enough and being counterfeit was the icing on the cake.

I better move on or I might have a "nervy" turn.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Hi,I just had a look at their record.They do appear to have 8,000 ok feedback results.

You are right,not worth sending them back and the frustration factor that goes with it.

I guess its a $100 lesson for me.Thanks for the feedback.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

I guess if something is made in Korea and sold through China it could be a rip off?Or should that be most likely a rip off.Thanks for the feedback.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply