Not happy about ebay plus

jeanagh
Community Member

Whilst i understand being charged for ebay plus after the free 12mths, i think ebay have ripped a lot of people off by doing so. An email with a reminder or something should be sent,  who remembers in 12 mths that this is going to happen; i certainly don't.  Very unimpressed ebay and now i can't find where to get out off ebay plus

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Go to the link below and scroll down to the part to cancel membership.

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/buying/buying-ebay-plus/buying-ebay-plus?id=4755#section6

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

@jeanagh wrote:

Whilst i understand being charged for ebay plus after the free 12mths, i think ebay have ripped a lot of people off by doing so. An email with a reminder or something should be sent,  who remembers in 12 mths that this is going to happen; i certainly don't.  Very unimpressed ebay and now i can't find where to get out off ebay plus

You can probably go into your ebay account details and see when renewal is due. 

This auto renewal function is not unique to ebay. I can name a few others off the top of my head where it occurs. Catch, Ancestry to name a couple.

They are just ones I am in but I have noticed with a lot of introductory offers on everything from wine to meals to book clubs, you name it, they roll over to automatic monthly or yearly renewal.  Just be aware of it when you sign up and mark the renewal date (or a couple of weeks earlier if you think you might wish to discontinue) on a calendar of some sort.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

And because  people are fallible,  ebay introduced and escape clause into the T&C's.

From memory you now have 14 days from the time membership is renewed, to cancel your membership.

Once you have cancelled your membership, in the stated time frame, you then need to contact ebay CS, via live chat, and request a refund.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

cezm
Community Member

My free trials have only been 30 days

As soon as you get the confirmation email you can cancel - you still get the remainder of the free trial

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply