Notice received from PayPal

Just received a notice from PayPal stating that my email address has been cancelled by ebay and that it can no longer be used for payments.

My PayPal account has also disappeared and I can no longer login to it,PayPal have said that I need to reinstate it with ebay before I can use it again,but it is still in ebay.

Then when I go to make a purchase with creditcard details it says that sorry but a creditcard can't be used for this purchase.

I have been using creditcard payments all the time so now that option has been cancelled and PayPal has been cancelled anyone have a clue as to why this has happened?

Is this just a way for ebay and PayPal to get rid of me?

I'm not sure what's going on?

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Re: Notice received from PayPal

Have they some how worked out your selling account is you? Is your selling account still active?

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

It's still active but an email address that I use for receiving payments has been cancelled meaning I can't list it as the email for my payments which I don't have the problem with as all my ebay accounts are still active but my PayPal account has been deleted which in turn has caused the email address to be cancelled also.

I mean I can go set up another email account if that would help?

But not sure why the PP account was removed altogether so now I can't receive any payments.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Sounds like you might have been busted. I'd be creating a new email address, completely different to any others you have. Hotmail, gmail, yahoo etc. Nothing that could associate it with this account. Then see if you can create a new PayPal account. 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I still have payments pending in PP and money in it so what happens with that?

I was thinking that my PP account might have been breached but then why would PP state in an email that my email was cancelled by me and that it can no longer be used within ebay to make transactions until ebay reinstates it.

But then go and remove my PP account as well,just doesn't make sense.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

So PP has busted me have they? as I have all my ebay accounts.

Why has PP done this and not ebay?

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

I don't know. I'm only speculating because I know the issues you've had and I am pretty sure I know how you managed to start selling again. Have you contacted PayPal? Did you try to add the email address back into PayPal?

I know you know who I am. If you still have access you ancient transactions, send me an email. You should be able to get my email from past PayPal transactions. 

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Ok I have opened a new PP account with a new email,all selling accounts are up and running so I can sell and buy.

But I will need to contact PP by phone tomorrow and find out what happened to my account and how do I get my money back that's in that account?

So all good so far apart from that issue.

Geez tippy I wish I could get into my ancient PP sales and purchases but that's the account that was removed haha.

What if I just came over, no just joking.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Great that you could open a new account. Yes, I would definitely contact PayPal to find out how to retrieve your funds. Does PayPal have a forum like here? If they do, maybe someone there could advise?

Can you add the removed email address to your new PayPal account?

Sure, rock on over. Just remember, social distancing and all that. It will have to be after Monday though because I don't think travel is allowed before June 1.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply