Offer accepted by seller. 2 days later no tracking now relisted hasn't refunded hasn't messaged me.

altirix100
Community Member

so 2 days ago i offered a seller for their item and messaged them to let them know i was genuine (new and no reputation) they said they were looking for their BIN but they later accepted my offer as no one was buying it at their price.

i made sure to pay them as soon as i saw they had accepted, must have been around 45 mins.

2 days have past and i still have not had any tracking info so i check their account.

they have relisted the item or either had 2 with surprisingly similar details, same defect, same photos and description.

the seller has done this WITHOUT even messaging me or even refunding me. I can't tell if this was a scam attempt but the seller has 100% rep and 184 stars

I have contacted them asking for tracking and when they had or will post the item i have paid for.

If they end up backing out of the deal what can i do, the code PUSH10 has now expired as well so if i even try and get something similar ill be out of pocket even more.

thank you please let me know what i can do in this situation.

Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Re: Offer accepted by seller. 2 days later no tracking now relisted hasn't refunded hasn't messaged

Don't panic, unless you were foolish enough to pay bank deposit. As long as you paid with paypal you can make an 'Item not recieved' claim after the date for delivery has passed (well a bit longer as post is often delayed longer than the date Ebay gives). Ebay will side with you if there is no valid tracking number showing delivered. Don't bother continuing to contact the seller. Just wait and see.

If you paid with bank deposit then you have no buyer protection and if the item doesn't turn up then you may have to take it on the chin as a lesson learned.

Latest reply

Re: Offer accepted by seller. 2 days later no tracking now relisted hasn't refunded hasn't messaged

ofc, paying BT would be stupid. i paid with paypal. there only downside is i think the 10% code is now expired. else id buy another right now and in the event, he does send it then i could either just resell it to a friend as i know hes been looking at buying the same thing.

the seller had 100% rep and 493 stars as well.. (though it was less but i just checked)

is there any rule that seller cant do this? just relisting and keeping buyers money seems like behaviour eBay would seriously discourage.

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

There is nothing you can do now but sit back and wait. You may get your item and all is good. If you don't and you have to make a claim you might have to wait for another discount code.

That is the way the cookie crumbles, and getting upset will not help. Buying and selling on Ebay can sometimes involve growing a tough skin. I understand your frustration but as you get more experienced you will learn not to let it get to you.

Latest reply

Automatically assuming the worst won't help

If you've paid via Paypal, you will not lose your money

eBay go out of their way to protect the buyer, even in cases when it is the buyer who is in the wrong

As far as eBay are concecerned , a buyer is never ever in the wrong whist all sellers are,no questions asked

Out of interest, what was the seller's handling time? 

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

ordered on the 9th

Will usually send within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment

and postage should be about 2 days.

checked their completed listings looks like they have relisted the same item multiple times. surprised the seller isn't banned if this is what they do.

also, I want to thank both of you for helping me here, did start to get a bit stressed as it was quite expensive, its a shame ill miss the code but that's a very minor thing, another will be on soon im sure.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

It is still to early to assume that the seller has done the wrong thing. Until the due date for delivery has well passed we cannot make accusations. Postage times can be much longer than it says on teh listing, even between palces in the same state or even the same city.

Latest reply

So sending today at the earliest it sounds like?

(The 9th was a Saturday)

Possibly they have not gone to the post office yet today, some sellers go in their lunch break or after work

Not saying this *is* the case, but it is possible

Did the item sell each time they re-listed it? (the amount will be in green if it did sell)

and if it is in green, it is *possible* the buyer did not pay

If you look at my completed listings, you will see the same items many times over as I re-listed over and over after they did'nt sell

It is possible the seller is on the dodgey, but I think it too early on to get stressed over it just yet. Take a breath and know that if there is something below board about to happen, you are protected

Good luck

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply

Quite right, those estimated dates eBay insert are very best and fastest outcomes

I don't remember the last time I got anything withing the time frames Aust Post say they deliver

Three times, 2 weeks from Melbourne to Sydney

Very often 5 days from the same state

Just recently 4 days from the same suburb

(mostly not eBay purchases and none involving long weekends)

Message 9 of 22
Latest reply

@altirix100 wrote:

ordered on the 9th

Will usually send within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment

and postage should be about 2 days.

checked their completed listings looks like they have relisted the same item multiple times. surprised the seller isn't banned if this is what they do.

also, I want to thank both of you for helping me here, did start to get a bit stressed as it was quite expensive, its a shame ill miss the code but that's a very minor thing, another will be on soon im sure.

To some sellers including myself posting within 2 business days of receiving cleared payment means that when I receive a payment into my paypal account I then transfer it into my bank account which can take 3-5 days to clear so it is only after the funds clear into my bank account that I post within 2 days after that so it could really take 7 days before I post.

So you need to be a bit more patient and give it at least in my opinion 7 days and if nothing arrives then open a case.

And yes I haven't had any complaints from buyers yet.

Message 10 of 22
Latest reply