One way to avoid paypal..

Had to laugh at a listing I was browsing last night. If you pay by paypal she will only send your goods after 21 days once she gets the money after the paypal hold perod .

Not to sure about that, she makes it clear she prefers cash on collection  so fair enough I guess ...Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

She's not the only new seller that has done that,there were/are many sellers that refused to send until paypals 21 day hold on their payments ended

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

While it would be nonsense for a posted item to have those terms anything that discourages buyers from using Paypal for a pick up item in the mistaken belief that they have buyer protection is a good thing IMO.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

One way to avoid sales

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

@harley_babes_hoard wrote:

One way to avoid sales

And get defects with neg feedback as well.......................

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Too right Padi
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

If only someone could tell her that the 21 day hold is completely illegal and easy to remove, so she could trade normally instead of taking it out on her customers....

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Why should sellers use their OWN FUNDS to pay for postage when the buyer actually pays for it with the sale?

Are you for real or what?

Try having OVER $250.00 on HOLD for up to 21 days in your Paypal account because of this ridiculous rule and let's see how you would react.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Do you realise this thread was started nearly 6 YEARS AGO ?????

Did you read the policies for new sellers before you started to list items where it clearly states the payment holds and how to deal with them ? I'd guess not...........

https://www.ebay.com.au/help/selling/getting-paid/getting-paid-items-youve-sold/payments-hold-manage...

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Strongly enough to drag up a thread that is 6 years old anyway

Sellers are aware of the rules (and if not can blame themselves for not bothering to read them before listing)

Same rule for everyone, even those who expect they should get special treatment 

Especially if  seller chooses their first (or one of the first) sales to be $250

Next the said seller will have a dummy spit when they get neg feedback and a slap from eBay

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply