One way to avoid paypal..

Had to laugh at a listing I was browsing last night. If you pay by paypal she will only send your goods after 21 days once she gets the money after the paypal hold perod .

Not to sure about that, she makes it clear she prefers cash on collection  so fair enough I guess ...Smiley LOL

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

One way to avoid paypal..

This is a really old thread but I am getting the impression you are recently or currently in the position of having your funds on hold. I can also see that on your current account name at least, you have a zero rating.

You need to realise that a number 1 priority for ebay is that customers have reliable, safe transactions.

That's absolutely vital. If a buyer pays for the good, they have to be reasonably sure they will get them, otherwise people will go elsewhere to buy.

Paypal covers this for buyers in that if something goes wrong-if they don't get the goods or the items aren't as described-the buyer can get money back with a paypal claim.

But put yourself in paypal's shoes.

Here you are, a seller with absolutely no track record. If they hand over the money immediately, what if you take off with the funds and don't bother sending the items?

Who is going to have to pick up the tab then? Paypal.

Once you establish a current track record for reliability, then that will change and the money will come through without a 21 day hold.

I sold for a few years but if I returned to selling today I would face that 21 day hold too as I have not sold recently. What I would do, is sell a number of smaller priced items that I could afford to post off etc with my own funds until the 21 day hold period was over.

Message 11 of 11
Latest reply