Optus Yes Box

195124uk
Community Member

I bought a Optus Yes Box for $120.00  on eBay to use as a recorder but by the looks of it this can't be done so I was wondering why these boxes are being sold when it seems they are useless ? or is there a way to use them?

Message 1 of 19
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Optus Yes Box

Not gunna happen.

But, yes, try Dodo

View solution in original post

Message 18 of 19
Latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

Optus Yes Box

Was it new or second hand ?   What is the item number ?

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 19
Latest reply

Optus Yes Box

imastawka
Honored Contributor

I think you need to subscribe to a plan

Yes TV by Fetch eligibility & equipment: You need an Optus post-paid mobile or fixed broadband account, an active fixed broadband internet connection and a download speed of at least 3Mbps, and access to free to air digital television services.

Download speeds and Wi-Fi performance in your home can be affected by your equipment and LAN performance, settings, hardware, software, internet activity, the location of the content you’re accessing and network congestion. A Wi-Fi connection may not be as fast or reliable as a wired device, and in some instances PLA devices may be required instead of Wi-Fi to effectively deliver the service. Please note the Yes TV by Fetch Mighty pack we send you doesn’t include any PLA. You can purchase an adaptor from us for $40.00 if purchased at the same time as your Fetch order. If purchased separately it will incur an additional $15.50 delivery fee.

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/Blog/Introducing-the-Yes-TV-by-Fetch-Mighty-from-Optus/ba-p/157924

Message 3 of 19
Latest reply

Optus Yes Box

The reviews aren't exactly inspiring Stawks.................

https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/optus-tv-with-fetch-tv?page=3

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 4 of 19
Latest reply

Optus Yes Box

Padi, when we were faced with the NBN and a new contract, we stayed with Optus

cos we had no complaints.   The Fetch box was included.

We have had Fetch TV for a few years and with the new contract, updated the Fetch box.

It was free and so are 'some' programs.  It has apps for streaming services such as

Stan, Netflix and the like.

Which left us with the old Fetch box.

If I was unscrupulous.....I could sell that box.

Spoiler
 smiley-girl-thinking_189938955.gif  Didn't think I could get that much for it

As for the reviews....I have no complaints with the service.

Message 5 of 19
Latest reply

Optus Yes Box

Padi, Product Review used to be a great site. However, these days you mostly only see bad reviews. Someone buys a lemon and they want to tell the world. The millions of others that don't have an issue, don't bother leaving a review. It means that some things can look way worse than what they actually are. I leave both good and bad, but most don't bother with the good.

Message 6 of 19
Latest reply

Optus Yes Box

Padi's link actually takes you to page 3 - those reviews are a year old.

Page 1 reviews are more current.  Optus/Fetch have updated their boxes and don't have as many problems.

I also think the service you get depends on which NBN plan you opted for.

Carp plan = carp streaming and dropouts.

Message 7 of 19
Latest reply

Optus Yes Box

195124uk
Community Member
I don't know the number bit says Mighty and it was new .
Message 8 of 19
Latest reply

Optus Yes Box

I should have said we already have a fetch box which we bought from the shop and connected to dodo so I thought I could connected this one.
Message 9 of 19
Latest reply

Optus Yes Box

The item number is on the right hand side of the listing, opposite 'Description' and 'Postage' tabs and directly under 'Report item'

item number.JPG

Related image

Message 10 of 19
Latest reply