Order not delivered by the Seller

desilpushp
Community Member

Hi All,  We are seeking help from the community.

We have placed an order with ebay (the seller ) for two lots of Table tennis balls some five months ago. They have been saying all sorts of excuses and that they will deliver every time we enquire. This occurred a several times and we therefore asked for a refund and now the seller is not even responding. We also requested ebay to intervene to get our money back. 

We are very very disappointed that ebay has not only not helping to contact the seller on our behalf,  they continue to provide a platform for this type of sellers who are free to cheat their customers like us to collect our hard earn money. We want to know who else had trouble with this seller or similar as this has to be exposed and there has to be rules around this type of matters.

I intend to discuss this in every social media platform until ebay does the right thing by intervening to resolve our issue. We made the payment to ebay trusting their brand, not some unknown seller.  Thanks for any tips.

Message 1 of 25
Latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

It's up to you to claim within the timeframes eBay/Paypal gives you. 30 days after the final ETA for an eBay dispute and 180 days after the purchase for a Paypal dispute.

Edit. Chinese registered seller with terrible feedback - why did you buy from them in the first place ????

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 25
Latest reply

If you want to open a case for INR on eBay, you only have 30 days since the last day of the estimated delivery. After that, they won't help. If you used PayPal, you have 180 days since the day you paid.

When sellers find excuses or become unresponsive, it is better to stop trying and make use of what eBay offers to get your money back without wasting time with unhelpful sellers who find excuses etc. exactly because they hope buyers will miss the deadline provided by eBay.

Message 3 of 25
Latest reply

eBay will not do anything after 5 months

And nobody from eBay reads here, so they will not see your 'threats' 

There are time limits, for all buyers as you are aware to open a dispute

eBay provides all the tools for buyers to protect themselves 

Do not let a seller string you along with excuses

There was no need to keep asking them and sending messages

You open an item not received dispute, simple as that

Be sure when you discuss this on social media you mention you did not use any of the tools but still expect to be protected as if you did

The seller you bought from is in China with poor feedback

Anyone who buys from questionable sellers, and then does not open the appropriate dispute will all have the same issues, and are helping keep such sellers in business

You are also not allowed to name and shame here, once a mod comes on line, they will remove the seller's name

*Edit, lordy I am on the slow train today

Message 4 of 25
Latest reply

@desilpushp wrote:

I intend to discuss this in every social media platform until ebay does the right thing by intervening to resolve our issue. We made the payment to ebay trusting their brand, not some unknown seller.  

When you do this make sure you mention that you failed to do any due diligence & did not use the eBay Money Back Guarantee.

Take some responsibility for your lack of action.

Message 5 of 25
Latest reply

You needed to open a dispute. Plain and simple.

Can't blame Ebay when you took no action yourselves.

Ebay has no idea that there is a problem unless YOU open a case within the timeframe.

Please go and read the help section for buyers, specifically of what to do in the event of a problem.

Message 6 of 25
Latest reply

Price?

Message 7 of 25
Latest reply

I am guessing the comments posted across social media will include a spiel about 'all the horrible people on the forum' 

Message 8 of 25
Latest reply

@desilpushp wrote:

Hi All,  We are seeking help from the community.

We have placed an order with ebay (the seller ) for two lots of Table tennis balls some five months ago. They have been saying all sorts of excuses and that they will deliver every time we enquire.

Five months is too long to wait, @desilpushp. If you paid for your order five months ago, you can still get help through PayPal's Buyer Protection, but you cannot afford to wait any longer...

(Read this reply by me in another thread, for details: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Listing-254519026149-from-China-after-a-long-time-never-arri...)
Next time, don't allow the seller to give you "all sorts of excuses", and don't just "enquire". You must make a report of INR (Item Not Received) within 30 days of the EDD (Estimated Date of Delivery) having passed - absolutely no later! If you do that, you'll be covered by eBay's Money Back Guarantee in future. (All of the timeframes and details are in the Help page for eBay's Money Back Guarantee, or read through this reply: https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Buying/Item-from-long-ago-that-never-showed-up/m-p/2440208#M123605.)

@desilpushp wrote:

This occurred a several times and we therefore asked for a refund and now the seller is not even responding. We also requested ebay to intervene to get our money back. 

Now the seller is of course not responding! He knows he has dragged this out long enough for you to now be unable to open a refund request under eBay's MBG. He is now hoping you don't know about using PayPal's Buyer Protection. You have 180 days from the date of the actual transaction to open up a refund request in PayPal on the basis of Item Not Received.

@desilpushp wrote:

We are very very disappointed that ebay has not only not helping to contact the seller on our behalf,  they continue to provide a platform for this type of sellers who are free to cheat their customers like us to collect our hard earn money. We want to know who else had trouble with this seller or similar as this has to be exposed and there has to be rules around this type of matters.

I intend to discuss this in every social media platform until ebay does the right thing by intervening to resolve our issue. We made the payment to ebay trusting their brand, not some unknown seller.  Thanks for any tips.

There's no question that sometimes eBay fail to act as they should under their T&Cs.

However, @desilpushp, in this case eBay have not failed to do what they have promised they will do. The MBG policy is very clear. eBay's return request/refunds process is bot-driven; there are no human beings involved (except in cases where there is an exception and the buyer OR seller contacts Live Chat to successfully plead their case with evidence, etc.).

Because it's bot-driven, there is an automatic cut-off point to the second, after which you can't open a case if an item hasn't arrived or is not as described. You can't claim that eBay should do "the right thing by intervening to resolve [your] issue", because eBay provide the buyer with a quite easy resolution process, which is pretty much no questions asked. They don't hide the terms and conditions, so if you claim that you weren't aware of the timeframes, I'm afraid that - harsh as this might sound - it's on you. (I am sorry; I'm not trying to make you feel worse about it.)

You say you "made the payment to ebay trusting their brand, not some unknown seller", but that isn't correct. You did not pay eBay. The payment goes through the payment system provided by eBay, and is received by the seller.

The trustworthiness of a seller on any platform is only as good as the seller, not the platform.

I haven't seen the seller (as the moderators on these boards remove that information, as per the guidelines for posting on these forums - in that you're not permitted to name and shame). So... I haven't seen the seller's feedback percentage or negative comments. However, padi has said "Chinese registered seller with terrible feedback". Here comes another "You should have done this" piece of advice... (again, sorry). You really should have clicked onto the seller's feedback percentage to see where the seller was registered, and looked specifically at the negative feedback given by buyers over the last 12 months. That would have shown you that the seller is registered in China, and that (by the sounds of it) the negatives were bad enough to make buying from that seller a very poor idea.

Also, just note that for a large volume seller, I (and many others on eBay) regard 99.5% the lowest feedback score that we would consider acceptable. For a large volume seller with less than that, it's no dice as a general rule.

Message 9 of 25
Latest reply

You are not new to eBay, but don't seem to have used it much, so you might want to have a look at this page to understand how eBay's MBG works if have issues with a seller in the future:

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/

Message 10 of 25
Latest reply