Overcharging on postage

I recently purchased some trousers and when they arrived the postage was only $6.60 even though the seller had stated it was $11.50. They came wrapped in some brown paper and a plastic bag. I emailed the seller and said that I thought it was a bit expensive and she said that all eBayers overcharge postage to cover for interstate costs and that she was really time pressed and that she had more urgent things to think about than refunding me. I was taken aback, because I go out of my way to make postage as cheap as possible. I also told her about the postage calculator by postcode that she could use. She thinks I am just an unhappy eBayer and stated so. She has a 100% feedback and I am reluctant to give her a negative. I also stated that in her listing she should state that her postage covers all states. What do you think?

Message 1 of 57
Latest reply
56 REPLIES 56

Re: Overcharging on postage

Aussiebids said:

Lets do some math

She charged you $4.90 handling.

Now lets assume time to pack, use of motor car, standing in line, driving back home etc... lets say it took her 25 min.

I reckon $4.90 handling for 25 min is a bargain I would have charged you more.

Thats all well and good B UT now by your reckoning what if the parcel wasn't delivered to her door and went to the P.O. Can the buyer now claim back the cost of driving to the PO, wear and tear on her car, fuel costs, standing in line waiting....to pick up her item?

Message 51 of 57
Latest reply

Id have marked down as well.

Message 52 of 57
Latest reply

Honestly first time I've looked in this community area, damn, people whining over a few dollars.

Also mate contact me since you've got no problem with slave labour, I could do with some.

Yet when the shoes on the other foot they always want to be payed for what they do.

You agreed to a price and still got a bargain.

I don't even know how you lot get your postage that low by the time 3.15 slapped on for registered post, a required item, due to paypal policy then cheapest thing past a letters 2.20.

Plus buble wrap, tape paper, even bloody pens. Next time ask them to use packnsend, see how much they charge for packing.

Anyway I don't have time for this.

Message 53 of 57
Latest reply

registered post, a required item, due to paypal policy

It is only required if the seller wants to claim seller protection, sellers don't have to send via registered post and it's not worth sending registered for anything under $50

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 54 of 57
Latest reply

I'd just give them a 1 star for postage

$6.60 is standard rates across Australia for parcels up to 500g I think so that lady told you some porkys

I do agree that some do overcharge for postage, but most sellers are fair

Sometimes a DVD in a padded envelope can go as letter rate, I have had a few that have been too thick and AP charged me $6.60 when I charge $2.50. I am out of pocket then, thats why some do charge an extra couple of dollars in case AP tries a stunt like that

Message 55 of 57
Latest reply

It's handling as well. If anything, I should charge more.

Message 56 of 57
Latest reply

You "should" also look at the date of this thread!

It was old when the Dead Sea was only sick.

Message 57 of 57
Latest reply