Parcel locker delivery question

Hi folks, 

Wondering, anyone using parcel locker to collect ebay purchases and when collecting the packages getting 2 tracking numbers on the parcels? Tracking numbers, the one affixed at PO when parcels accepted and the second one when arrive to local PO affixed parcel collction sticker with a barcode before send to parcel locker (sample parcel pic attached)

cheers

khulu74

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Re: Parcel locker delivery question

@khulu74 wrote:

Yes the affixed second tracking num. is showing on the auspost tracking page. This Tracking numb. Automatically comes on my auspost app tracking page (and a sms & email when delivered to parcel locker) but the sender/seller doesnt know when affixed on the parcel without linking with the first one.

How odd Smiley Frustrated (that Aus Post would do that, I mean). It doesn't seem necessary at all, and the few times I've sent packages to parcel lockers, the original tracking number worked all the way through to delivery.

Admittedly it's been a little while since I sent one, and they were all shipping labels generated online, so I can only guess at why this may be occurring, and none of my guesses would hold up to rational or logical scrutiny (not that everything AP does is actually rational or logical Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL ). eg Maybe the parcel locker scanning systems don't recognise a label generated over the counter, which is a guess based on the fact the the parcel in your image shows a label with a QR code but not a barcode, while the labels I generate online have both, but that doesn't explain why the original gets an 'awaiting collection' status, since that would indicate it was scanned into the system at the collection point, surely....  Plus, if any of your previous packages also had both barcode and QR code on the original label, that theory is shot. It's - at the very least - disappointing that the system appears completely independent, as that could have some legit concerns for sellers).

Have the staff at the collection points offered any explanation? 

Message 21 of 26
Latest reply

I've had similar stickers stuck to (tracked) parcels from China. The China Post tracking never shows in the AP tracking until after it's been delivered (a day or 2 after). I don't know if the AP sticker shows up in tracking as I've never needed to check it because I've already got the parcel!

I've also had them attached to the untracked parcel post parcels (with the red and while parcel post sticker). Again, I've never checked the tracking number or scanned the bar code because I've not needed to.

Looking at the OP's last photo, it's easy to see why sellers would be concerned about delivery. I put both numbers into my My Post app. The first tracking number shows as awaiting collection from St Marys PO and then later in the day a customer enquiry has been lodged. Then I'm guessing a sticker has been attached and that number entered into the system as it was generated from St Marys. The seller wouldn't have that tracking number, so even though it's showing as delivered to the OP, it's not to the seller.

Parcel lockers, another way for scam buyers to claim INR. Looking at the OP's tracking, it would be easy to do.

Message 22 of 26
Latest reply

The Parcel Lockers at Haymarket post office are behind the counter.....the StarTrack drivers are not allowed to put the items in the Lockers.  They have to do a Safe drop....take a photo with the Locker in the background, and then hand the parcel to a post office staff member to put in the Locker.   How on earth is that a Safe Drop, handing it to yet another person and hope they put it in the Locker.

Message 23 of 26
Latest reply

Ive had the same problem with chullora.Rang aus post and they said this.

Thank you for your enquiry into Article ID 60629472315096.

I am pleased to confirm that this Parcel was delivered on 16 February, 2017 to a PO BOX in Chullora NSW.

Due to the address accepting a large number of parcels everyday, it receives a bulk delivery scan.

As a result of this, there will be no individual delivered scan reflected on the Australia Post website, this can only be seen through our internal tracking systems. 

I hope that this information has helped. Please don't hesitate to reply if there is anything else that we can do for you

Message 24 of 26
Latest reply

@grant_oz wrote:

Ive had the same problem with chullora.Rang aus post and they said this.

Thank you for your enquiry into Article ID 60629472315096.

I am pleased to confirm that this Parcel was delivered on 16 February, 2017 to a PO BOX in Chullora NSW.

Due to the address accepting a large number of parcels everyday, it receives a bulk delivery scan.

As a result of this, there will be no individual delivered scan reflected on the Australia Post website, this can only be seen through our internal tracking systems. 

I hope that this information has helped. Please don't hesitate to reply if there is anything else that we can do for you

That's even weirder...

Parcels may be processed at the collection point in bulk, where the original number gets an "awaiting collection' status, but they definitely aren't delivered or collected in bulk, since they'd all be to different people. 

Message 25 of 26
Latest reply

About 3 days asking for this question on auspost fb help page to several reps, finally gt my answer, yep you're right! the problem is exactly what you've said the postage labels starting with R when sending over the counter, the labels have only the QR codes, the parcel locker system works with barcodes. (But i believe they can enter the numbers manually as well) The click&send and the ebay labels have QR codes & barcodes and the other auspost business / e-parcel apps creating labels online with barcodes, there is no problem on these ones. Auspost need to change/update their system to add barcodes on labels
Message 26 of 26
Latest reply