PayPal Addresses

So it seems that your eBay address overrides your PayPal address not the other way around

I just purchased something on another ID and used the same PayPal account as this one, so my new address should have come up in the PayPal receipt right? Wrong.. The address I saw in my PayPal receipt was the address I lived at when I made this account..

I  didn't even think about changing the address in eBay as I hadn't used the other ID to buy anything in a while and I just assumed that the seller automatically got your PayPal address

I changed the default address in PayPal to my new address but for some reason it defaulted back to my old address.

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Re: PayPal Addresses

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Can't say I have ever had the problem as my ebay and paypal registered addresses are the same as is my delivery address in paypal....BUT it is not the registered address that paypal sends to the seller.  It is the delivery address that the buyer selects when they go through checkout.

I believe you can have up to 6 different Delivery Addresses entered in paypal but you need to select the one you want to use each time otherwise it defaults to the last address used.

Message 11 of 12
Latest reply

Re: PayPal Addresses

I know that now, but I made that account a while ago and had forgotten that I had registered under my old address and didn't even think to check the address at checkout. I was working on the assumption that the seller got the PayPal address

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Message 12 of 12
Latest reply