Please can anyone help?

A week ago i purchased a twin pack of my favorite pre workout. When I recieved the package there was only 1 tub sent to me. I messaged the seller with photo evidence explaining he only sent one tub and he replied immediately saying he'll get back to me with an update. 5 days later he hasn't replied to any messages so i decide to file a missing item request. I log into ebay and realise the request i filed was for a return and i am supposed to return the tub i recieved, I then cancled the return request because I didn't want a refund i just wanted the last tub sent to me. 7 days pass and the seller is still ignoring my messages so i decide to contact ebay for them to step in and refund half of the money. When i go to try and do that it says they can't help because i closed the return request and it cannot be reopened, meaning the only person that can refund me is the seller that is ignoring my messages. 

Is there anything i can do? $90 is alot of money for me if there is anyone that can help me i appreciate it.

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Please can anyone help?

eBay is correct, once a case is closed that's it, it can't be reopened. You could try eBay help at the top of the page and ask for a supervisor but it's very unlikely that they will reopen the dispute.

If you paid with Paypal you could open a dispute with them in their Resolution Centre. If that's fails then your only other option is a bank chargeback if you paid by credit card.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

I believe there is an option for 'parts missing' in the dispute system. That is what you should have used when opening the case. Not Item Not Received.

As has been said, you have shot  yourself in the foot by closing the case. You are unlikely to get any resolution from the seller - they have already proven themselves to be less than reliable.

For future refence READ the eBay FAQs about their money back guarantee.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Dave if all else fails dropping an honest neg on their feedback may jolt them into playing nice.........

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

As God said to Noah - 'Riiigght!'

If that worked, it is likely they wouldn't be scamming buyers

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

I prefer this from Bob.............

Oh God said to Abraham, โ€œKill me a sonโ€

Abe says, โ€œMan, you must be puttinโ€™ me onโ€

God say, โ€œNo.โ€ Abe say, โ€œWhat?โ€

God say, โ€œYou can do what you want Abe, but

The next time you see me cominโ€™ you better runโ€

Well Abe says, โ€œWhere do you want this killinโ€™ done?โ€

God says, โ€œOut on Highway 61โ€

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@tholazz_1,

If I were you, I'd get onto eBay's Live Chat and explain the situation as simply as possible.

1. This is in relation to my order number [order number].
  2. Half of my order was not sent by the seller. I only received half of what I ordered. The delivery date was [date].
  3. The seller did not resolve my issue (and stopped replying to me).
  4. On [date], I opened an Item Not Received dispute as half of it was not received. I then realised that it was the wrong sort of dispute, so I closed it, thinking I could open the correct one.
  5. The seller kept on ignoring me, and the situation remained unresolved.
  6. I thought that I could still ask eBay to step in and refund me the payment for the missing item.
  7. However, then I realised that because I had closed the return request, the dispute could not be reopened.
  8. Can you please help me? I opened the wrong sort of dispute by mistake, and I didn't realise that this meant I couldn't take any action to be refunded; can you please open the correct dispute (Item Not As Described - missing parts)?
  9. I realise that I made an error and I am asking for your help to rectify this.

Be polite and apologetic. You may be able to get the correct dispute opened. It's possible you'll need to ask to chat with a supervisor. However, be aware that it is very possible that you'll be told the dispute cannot be reopened. If pleading and polite persistence don't give you a good result, then you'll simply have to open a PayPal dispute. (Note that again, it'll be a case of INAD/SNAD, not INR. If part of the order wasn't included, it's "item not as described".)

If you have to open the request in PayPal, you may be asked to send back what you did receive. In that case, contact PayPal - phone or chat - and go through the situation with them, and ask that they don't require you to send back the item. This is ESPECIALLY the case if the seller is overseas, possibly in China (and by the sounds of it, that is the case). You can explain that the cost of postage is not commensurate with the price of the item.

Let us know how you go, by posting again in this thread. It's always useful for other members to see the outcome of a course of action, particularly if you're able to get eBay CS reps to open the dispute for you again...

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

A return request does not necessarily mean that you have to return the item. You just have to wait for the seller's response first. If something is missing, the seller could offer to send the missing part or could offer a partial refund for example.

I understand that the term "return request" can be a bit confusing. I was once in a similar situation, but then I read more and realized you first just have to wait and see what the seller says. You can then either accept or reject the seller's solution. I think that if a seller can solve a problem without asking for an item to be returned, they will, considering they have to pay for return postage.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply