Please make an permanent 'Australia Only' search option

towoo05
Community Member

I am very annoyed that there is no permanent option (or box to check off) to just show Australian vendors in every search result I do. I never want to buy an item from overseas, for many reasons, with the main one being it takes up to 6 weeks to get here. I often see the pictures of items in the description with Australian Flags behind them (trying to say they are an Australian vendor) but you look closer to see where it ships from and it says Hong Kong. I have been tricked before with this, with the item taking 4 weeks to get here.

For Pete's sake, I am at EBAY.COM.AU. The AU means Australia. Why the hell are they ramming international vendors down my throat? If I want to check a box that permanently allows only Australian vendors to show in the results, I should be able to. Its a form of trickery IMO. I have to constantly be on alert to see where the vendor is from, because after doing 50 searches, you will eventually forget to check the Australian Only box. 

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

It's not eBay, it's the Chinese and H.K. sellers that cheat.

image host
Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

I agree, you should be able to set your search at Australia Only where there is an option to have that as your default setting unless you change it.

Sure, some sellers may cheat but you should still have the option. 

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

I agree.

As a seller, I had to start putting "Made in Australia" in the title of ALL my listings so that they would stand out to Australian buyers who would actually come to my shop and look.

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

The simple answer as to why eBay are ramming mostly Chinese seller's items down your throat, is money. Meanwhile Australian sellers can't compete & are going broke (or have simply left eBay altogether).

Not to mention the government subsidises postage from China.
That is why it is way cheaper to send something half way aroundd the world than it is for me to send a parcel one street away.

Again Australian sellers can't compete.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Ebay used to have this function to differentiate between Australian and foreign sellers, I remember using it.

It should be reinstated. Sometimes there are items that I prefer to buy locally and it's a right royal pain to have to scroll through countless sellers, most of whom are overseas.
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Then there are the Chinese sellers with warehousing in Australia. There are 2 near me in Epping & Campbellfield Vic. I believe there are some in NSW & other states.

All the Chinese junk - now available much quicker from your local Aussie warehouse! It makes me wonder how much the Chinese sellers pay for the local dropshipping facility?

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Yes, but don't forget Redders, if they run out of stock in their Aussie warehouse, items may be shipped from overseas 😄

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Yes, but don't forget Redders, if they run out of stock in their Aussie warehouse, items may be shipped from overseas 😄

And this is where maybe it is time for buyers to get critical and start marking down those sellers to one star for description and postage time.

Although I admit I didn't do that myself with a recent purchase, where seller represented himself as an aussie seller (and probably was) but it was obvious by the delivery time it was double shipped.

But maybe if someone represents themselves as an aussie seller, sending within Australia, they should not be able to expand their delivery date out too far.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Can't you select Australia only on a search? I do.
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply