Possible scam

brandan_42
Community Member

Hey everyone I won a bid on a ps5 digital last sunday and bought it for $780 with $20 postage through paypal. The seller was in contact with me and responded very fast on the last day of the bidding but the day after I saw he did not mark it as posted yet to I tried to get in contact with him and have done that everyday since. Today is when its meant to come and still very worried and my anxiety is going through the roof. He used his account once last year and that was it. Anyone know when I should go for a dispute??

Message 1 of 78
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Possible scam

Wait until the end of the day (I think you have to anyway as eBay would otherwise think it can still arrive) and open a case...

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 78
Latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

Possible scam

Well, given what the item is and how many scams there have been with them, my automatic response would be 'as soon as the system allows'

BUT, since the price is not the usual 'scam' figures I'd add a 'but'

What was the item number?

How many did it show the seller had for sale

And, most importantly how did you pay?  (did the seller insist on bank deposit only?)  *oops, missed the PayPal bit , sorry 

Message 2 of 78
Latest reply

Possible scam

Fortunately you have paid through Paypal and will have recourse.

Firstly, if you suspect you have been scammed (and many have), open a case for Item Not Received, as soon as you are able. This puts the onus on the seller to supply a tracking number within 3-4 days. If they cannot do so, then the case will close in your favour and you will be refunded.

Do not close the case until you have either your money or your item.

Sounds like a possible hijacked account, to be honest - I'm surprised the seller didn't insist you pay via bank deposit as then your money would be completely gone.

Message 3 of 78
Latest reply

Possible scam

Hi the item number is 174754270309

Message 4 of 78
Latest reply

Possible scam

And it was the only one he was selling and the bidding lasted a week

Message 5 of 78
Latest reply

Possible scam

A seller with only 1 feedback as a buyer... Hmm... I don't want to alarm you even more, but it might indeed be a scam.

But you are protected. Usually you have to wait until the last day of the estimated delivery to open a case. Was today just the first day of the estimated delivery or the last one? Some sellers don't mark their items as posted, but if you haven't received your item by the last day of the estimated delivery and the seller does not reply, of course you should open a case ASAP.

Message 6 of 78
Latest reply

Possible scam

There was only one day of the estimated delivery, I wasnt going to go for it due to it being a 1 feedback seller but he did provided a recite and I kinda yoloed it 

Message 7 of 78
Latest reply

Possible scam

Wait until the end of the day (I think you have to anyway as eBay would otherwise think it can still arrive) and open a case...

Message 8 of 78
Latest reply

Possible scam

Yeah I think that is what I might do thanks for the advice

Message 9 of 78
Latest reply

Possible scam

By the way, you can also add a follow-up to your feedback and say that the item did not arrive on Monday, so that people are warned.

Message 10 of 78
Latest reply