Price gouging from reselling house hold items

I recently purchased what I thought was 2 x 12 1.25lt bottles of dry ginger ale for $24.10, good price I thought. When it arrived, I received a box with 2 bottles in it. I assumed there was an issue with my order and a mistake has accord. When I checked, REMOVED has a listing for Kirks 1.25 Dry Ginger Ale for $12.10 for a single bottle. This retails for less then $1.50. Also in their listing they have a FREE returns policy but when I contacted the sell, they refused to cover the return costs for my 2 bottles of soft drink that I've paid $24.10 for.

Is ebay monitoring these sellers and is IGA really doing this to their customers?

Returns Policy of their listing.

FREE returns within 30 days of purchase. Please contact us should you have received the incorrect item or it has arrived damaged for assistance.

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Price gouging from reselling house hold items - My Grocery by IGA supermarkets

@janeababe wrote:

One of the biggest issues, with any listing, IMO, is buyers are NOT reading the entire listing details.  
They see 10pack oxo stock cubes and think wow…. 10packets. But in the blurb, it clearly states one packet containing 10 stock cubes.  

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if folk learned how to shop with their brains instead of their eyes 😒

I wonder where this OP lives that buying groceries off eBay is even an option? 🤔

Oh I agree, people often don't read every word or think about it carefully. But we're never going to change human nature, it's no good trying to really, you have to go with what you've got.

I've always thought that on ebay or anywhere, you have to make things as simple as possible, as clear as possible.

The title is important. I'd probably write something like "one pack of oxo cubes', then in the ad write that you will receive one pack which will contain 10 individual cubes.

And in the photos, I would put exactly what was being sold. If selling 2 packs, I'd have 2 packs in the photo and so on.

I think some sellers leave themselves wide open. Today on ebay I was browsing, looking at a vintage vegetable serving dish. No particular reason why, it just came up on my feed. It showed a dish with lid, sitting on a matching plate. The whole lot was $10 (considerably more for postage of course).

Now, I usually read ads pretty carefully but I was mainly looking at the photos and title and it wasn't till second time round that I saw at the bottom note; plate not included.

Then why put it in the photos?

Message 21 of 21
Latest reply