Product under warranty but still not fixed after 3 months

Hi,

I bought a mobile phone on 21 May 2021. The phone failed to work in Feb 2022 and I sent it back to the seller to fix it. The seller sent it to HK. I haven't received any updates until I sent a message to them in May 2022. Here is what they replied to me:

"We are checking with service station. When the phone is fixed and returned from service station, we will send it back to you immediately."

After 3 weeks I still haven't received any updates.

What can I do?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Product under warranty but still not fixed after 3 months

What you can do is write it off to experience, and don't allow yourself to be scammed in future.

There are several flags that a blind person would see.

An online seller of a brand name phone - doesn't happen unless they are authorised.

An online seller of a mobile phone, based in Hong Kong, selling into Australia - not an authorised seller. Guaranteed!

You got over 6 months out of the phone. Count yourself lucky. There is nothing you can do. eBay's MGB is only valid for 30 days; Paypal's for 180. Neither is a warranty service - they apply to goods at time of receipt, not months down the track.

For future reference, buy a phone, in Australia, from an authorised seller. Pay the actual cost.

If it sounds too good to be true, believe it. Don't think you're getting a bargain. As you have found, you aren't.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

What you can do is write it off to experience, and don't allow yourself to be scammed in future.

There are several flags that a blind person would see.

An online seller of a brand name phone - doesn't happen unless they are authorised.

An online seller of a mobile phone, based in Hong Kong, selling into Australia - not an authorised seller. Guaranteed!

You got over 6 months out of the phone. Count yourself lucky. There is nothing you can do. eBay's MGB is only valid for 30 days; Paypal's for 180. Neither is a warranty service - they apply to goods at time of receipt, not months down the track.

For future reference, buy a phone, in Australia, from an authorised seller. Pay the actual cost.

If it sounds too good to be true, believe it. Don't think you're getting a bargain. As you have found, you aren't.

Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Well said. Thanks for your reply!

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

In addition to what @dave has written, never, ever send anything back to a seller at your own cost, unless it is a change of mind issue. 

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply