Purchase never sent

I have purchased an item that was never sent by the seller. I have tried to contact the seller multiple times without success... I can't find a way to bring eBay into my issue... What should I do?

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Re: Purchase never sent

When was this, and what is the item number?

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

What you should have done was stop trying to contact the seller when they refused to reply to you and opened a case with eBay's MBG.

https://pages.ebay.com.au/ebay-money-back-guarantee/index.html

I suspect you may be outside the time limit for a dispute there, if it's the seller you left the neg for, so your only chance would be to open a case with Paypal, if you paid that way.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Item number 204011502526

Purchased on the 9th Oct 2022

I was never given the chance (button or link) to dispute it bringing eBay into it. I was actually only provided the option to contact the seller by the app or website.

More recently when the case was closed by eBay and I tried to appeal it only gives me an error, being it through the app or the website.

Thanks for your reply.

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I went as far as contacting the seller twice (only option on my screen) and a green flag appeared on top of my purchase saying a dispute was open over the item. Nothing happened after that... While I waited and/or tried to find a way to bring eBay in, the case was closed "due to inactivity"during the holidays...

Thanks for your time and reply.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

If you paid by PayPal you have 180 days to lodge dispute through them...or chargeback via your bank if you paid by c/c

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

Thank you for your response. Much appreciated.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

The seller has 25% feedback and was never going to send what the list, nor reply

If it said a dispute was open, you needed to follow through with that within the time limit

If a buyer does not follow thorough with an open dispute , eBay 'thinks' the buyer is happy with the outcome and will close the dispute in the seller's favour (Following through means you are asking eBay to step in)

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Did you even look at the sellers feedback? It's atrocious! 

If you left it more than 30 days after the last ETA, then you cannot open a case.

Why bother contacting the seller multiple times, especially since they are not responding?

Sellers have no further obligation once that 30 day window has passed.

As mentioned, your only other option now is to go through Paypal.

Once you open the dispute there, do no close it under any circumstances until you have a refund.

In future, open cases promptly. You do not need to correspond with sellers. 

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

The seller's reputation is a classic case of "the shame is on me". It went under the radar after growing too confident with 500+ purchases on eBay without a single issue...

I did try along the way to ask eBay to step in without success... No button, no link... At best an automated message from eBay recommending me to sort it with the seller before escalating it. I did try to communicate with the seller and only then I realised the seller was trouble... I did believe that failing to receive a response from the seller or leaving a negative feedback was the key to "open" or "unlock" the options to bring eBay into the case... It never happened...

Thanks for your reply.

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply